My customized accent colors!

jkercado

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been messing with this by editing the registry after getting my Focus unlocked. Too bad the colors don't show 100% true on pics. Here's a dark blue, gray, and what I call "latte". They're replacing existing colors. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with 3rd-party apps.

2011-11-10%2B21.50.29.jpg

2011-11-10%2B21.50.51.jpg

2011-11-10%2B21.51.13.jpg

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I like the look of this black on white theme that I made back when I was running Nodo. A couple of downsides though.

In messaging threads the colors of the messages are all the same, since the OS shows your message in a slightly darkened version of your theme color. I swear this wasn't the case back on the Mango beta, I remember it showing the messages as grey and black. I wish I had a screenshot of it, it looked really nice. At some point between beta and RTM, they changed it, so that it now darkens your theme color instead of lightening it.

I also was having problems replying to emails on Mango and eventually I figured out that it only happened when I was using my tweaked color themes. Since I was making the edits manually and not using a color tool, I must have screwed something up. Sadly, since I have an HTC phone I can't make registry edits on Mango so I never really use this theme anymore.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, I just did the Internet Sharing + Interop Unlock xap from XDA and it works like a champ! Time to change my tile colors.

Everything worked like a charm, there's a slight work around for the tile app, but it's still golden in my book!

Last edited:

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know the color code for the Xbox Live tile? I would like to create a theme to match that but I can't get it right on my own.

Gmotagi

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I just wish you could change the colour of each individual tile. That would be really nice as I think the standard 'all same' colours are pretty boring.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't access the registry directly, I downloaded a xap from XDA that added a option in "settings" menu to change the tile colors. I think the app only works on unlocked HTC phones and Unlocked and Interop unlocked Samsung phone.
I have done the Chevron Labs unlock only.

Can you access the registry entries necessary to edit the colors?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm a noob to all this unlocking stuff. :( You can do this with a $9 chevron unlock and sideloading 1 App?

Could you either post/send me a link to this App or the name of it so I can find it on XDA? This is one of the biggest things I'd like to be able to do on my HTC Titan when I get it next week.

Thanks.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm a noob to all this unlocking stuff. :( You can do this with a $9 chevron unlock and sideloading 1 App?

Could you either post/send me a link to this App or the name of it so I can find it on XDA? This is one of the biggest things I'd like to be able to do on my HTC Titan when I get it next week.

Thanks.

Bump. :/

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

Unfortunately this will be a no-go on the Titan or the Radar as you need interop unlock for the AdvancedConfig xap to work and no one has found a way to interop unlock the 2nd gen HTC phones with mango pre-installed yet.

It's probably only a matter of time tho' so hang in there.

Honestly I get the whole concept of metro and having a unified system but would it have really killed MS to allow people to choose a custome tile color? It's not like it takes away from the experience or anything.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this will be a no-go on the Titan or the Radar as you need interop unlock for the AdvancedConfig xap to work and no one has found a way to interop unlock the 2nd gen HTC phones with mango pre-installed yet.

It's probably only a matter of time tho' so hang in there.

Honestly I get the whole concept of metro and having a unified system but would it have really killed MS to allow people to choose a custome tile color? It's not like it takes away from the experience or anything.

So it won't work on dev unlocked phones either? Boo. I really wanted to change my accent color :(

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb