02-12-2012 06:51 PM
33 12
tools
    I've been messing with this by editing the registry after getting my Focus unlocked. Too bad the colors don't show 100% true on pics. Here's a dark blue, gray, and what I call "latte". They're replacing existing colors. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with 3rd-party apps.

Last edited by jkercado; 11-10-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Pics weren't showing!
    11-10-2011 10:05 PM
    I made mine to match the facebook blue. Then use the light background. Looks like a facebook phone. Pretty cool.
    11-11-2011 10:37 AM
    I'd love to customize my Trophy background colors

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express Pro
    11-11-2011 10:40 AM
    I may have to drive to San Antonio to get you to change my colors, lol. I'd love to have that ability.
    11-11-2011 11:09 AM
    I like the look of this black on white theme that I made back when I was running Nodo. A couple of downsides though.

In messaging threads the colors of the messages are all the same, since the OS shows your message in a slightly darkened version of your theme color. I swear this wasn't the case back on the Mango beta, I remember it showing the messages as grey and black. I wish I had a screenshot of it, it looked really nice. At some point between beta and RTM, they changed it, so that it now darkens your theme color instead of lightening it.

I also was having problems replying to emails on Mango and eventually I figured out that it only happened when I was using my tweaked color themes. Since I was making the edits manually and not using a color tool, I must have screwed something up. Sadly, since I have an HTC phone I can't make registry edits on Mango so I never really use this theme anymore.
    11-11-2011 12:42 PM
    Sweet, I just did the Internet Sharing + Interop Unlock xap from XDA and it works like a champ! Time to change my tile colors.

Everything worked like a charm, there's a slight work around for the tile app, but it's still golden in my book!
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 11-11-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    11-11-2011 02:32 PM
    Does anyone know the color code for the Xbox Live tile? I would like to create a theme to match that but I can't get it right on my own.
    11-17-2011 06:23 PM
    Does anyone know the color code for the Xbox Live tile? I would like to create a theme to match that but I can't get it right on my own.
    It's #8CBE21.
    The screenshot app is your friend :)
    Airanp and MAERSK like this.
    11-17-2011 09:45 PM
    I just wish you could change the colour of each individual tile. That would be really nice as I think the standard 'all same' colours are pretty boring.
    1jaxstate1 and Big Supes like this.
    11-18-2011 05:52 AM
    Can someone do a FAQ on how to do this please?
    11-21-2011 08:22 AM
    How to do what? Unlock the phone or change the tile color if you already have an unlocked phone.
    Can someone do a FAQ on how to do this please?
    11-21-2011 02:01 PM
    That would be awesome!
    I just wish you could change the colour of each individual tile. That would be really nice as I think the standard 'all same' colours are pretty boring.
    11-21-2011 02:02 PM
    How to do what? Unlock the phone or change the tile color if you already have an unlocked phone.
    I have done the Chevron Labs unlock only.

Can you access the registry entries necessary to edit the colors?
    11-21-2011 02:06 PM
    I don't access the registry directly, I downloaded a xap from XDA that added a option in "settings" menu to change the tile colors. I think the app only works on unlocked HTC phones and Unlocked and Interop unlocked Samsung phone.
    I have done the Chevron Labs unlock only.

Can you access the registry entries necessary to edit the colors?
    11-21-2011 02:27 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm a noob to all this unlocking stuff. :( You can do this with a $9 chevron unlock and sideloading 1 App?

Could you either post/send me a link to this App or the name of it so I can find it on XDA? This is one of the biggest things I'd like to be able to do on my HTC Titan when I get it next week.

Thanks.
    11-21-2011 03:30 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm a noob to all this unlocking stuff. :( You can do this with a $9 chevron unlock and sideloading 1 App?

Could you either post/send me a link to this App or the name of it so I can find it on XDA? This is one of the biggest things I'd like to be able to do on my HTC Titan when I get it next week.

Thanks.
    Bump. :/
    11-27-2011 12:13 PM
    It's #8CBE21.
    The screenshot app is your friend :)
    How so? I mean I know how to screenshot app but is there somewhere you can then get the color code of something you took a shot of?

Sorry if that's a stupid question.
    12-02-2011 09:39 AM

Thanks.
    Unfortunately this will be a no-go on the Titan or the Radar as you need interop unlock for the AdvancedConfig xap to work and no one has found a way to interop unlock the 2nd gen HTC phones with mango pre-installed yet.

It's probably only a matter of time tho' so hang in there.

Honestly I get the whole concept of metro and having a unified system but would it have really killed MS to allow people to choose a custome tile color? It's not like it takes away from the experience or anything.
    12-02-2011 09:42 AM
    ok, thanks for the info. I'll keep checking XDA every now and then.
    12-02-2011 10:12 AM
    Unfortunately this will be a no-go on the Titan or the Radar as you need interop unlock for the AdvancedConfig xap to work and no one has found a way to interop unlock the 2nd gen HTC phones with mango pre-installed yet.

It's probably only a matter of time tho' so hang in there.

Honestly I get the whole concept of metro and having a unified system but would it have really killed MS to allow people to choose a custome tile color? It's not like it takes away from the experience or anything.
    So it won't work on dev unlocked phones either? Boo. I really wanted to change my accent color :(

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    12-02-2011 10:20 AM
    How so? I mean I know how to screenshot app but is there somewhere you can then get the color code of something you took a shot of?

Sorry if that's a stupid question.
    I think w/many image editors, you can pick a color in an image just by selecting it, and it will tell you the RGB and/or HTML color code. MS Paint has a "dropper" icon in the tool pallet for this.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    woodbane likes this.
    12-02-2011 01:01 PM
    So it won't work on dev unlocked phones either? Boo. I really wanted to change my accent color :(

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    Nope, you gotta be dev unlocked AND interop unlocked unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 07:49 PM
    I think w/many image editors, you can pick a color in an image just by selecting it, and it will tell you the RGB and/or HTML color code. MS Paint has a "dropper" icon in the tool pallet for this.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    Ahhh, I shall have to give this a try. Many thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 07:50 PM
    Has anyone been able to get a custom accent colour working with the white theme? They work pretty well on black, but third-party apps don't adjust properly with the white theme (background turns white but the text doesn't change to black).
    12-02-2011 07:55 PM
    The newer HTC devices have a theme called 'htc' that is ALMOST identical to the Xbox Live tile.
    12-02-2011 09:19 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD