LED Notifications

allen832008

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a homebrew app that allows for the HTC Trophy to use the charging light or the capacitive button lights to blink for sms and email notifications? I really wish I could enable this to know when I have missed text message or email.

allen832008

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping I was just missing this. I feel like every phone should have this feature.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

L

lumic

Yes, I wish this was a standard feature too. I really don't like the way this market is moving - sacrificing usability for a cleaner look. Notification LEDs are very, very useful. Proper physical buttons are very, very useful. Especially sad to see Google moving completely away from actual buttons by emulating them on-screen. If you want to cut an essential, provide a better method to achieve the prior functionality (ie Nokia building Swipe UI around a buttonless experience).

BWB8771

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You would think, with the numeric indicator of missed calls/sms/emails showing up on the live tiles that someone could find a way to create a reminder/notifier chirp or LED flash.

And before someone posts the typical response, I'll explain: I would pay good money for this feature because I want to leave my phone on a table (charging, say) while I'm running around, in/out of the room, and be alerted to a missed event without frequently running over to the phone, exercising the power/wake button, entering my PIN, etc. just to discover there's nothing.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I like the Titan's flashing LED for missed calls, comes in handy BWB8771. :)

Would be nice if it was expanded / extended to other future Windows Phones. :)

BWB8771

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I neglected to mention that I'm an I.T. admin, and choose to send important, automated notifications to my phone (via sms, email) so I'm somewhat more paranoid about missing a notification.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And before someone posts the typical response, I'll explain: I would pay good money for this feature because I want to leave my phone on a table (charging, say) while I'm running around, in/out of the room, and be alerted to a missed event without frequently running over to the phone, exercising the power/wake button, entering my PIN, etc. just to discover there's nothing.
Curious. As I have never used a PIN lock on any phone (also have never lost/misplaced a phone, or had one stolen-stuck to me like glue) are you saying you have to PIN unlocked "before" you can see the Lock screen, and your new notifications. If so, that is dumb.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

BWB8771

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Almost all corporate Exchange admins enforce PIN-locking for devices accessing Exchange servers via the Internet, and since I have both a corporate and personal Exchange server configured on my T-Mo HD7, the PIN-lock has to happen.

Fortunately, with the Mango update, the PIN lock is not user-configurable as to how long before it locks; before, every time I would "sleep" the display, I'd have to re-enter a PIN to look at the Live Tiles. I now have it set to a (more reasonable) five minutes of idleness before it locks.

I must confess, however, having a PIN lock has saved me and my phone from mischievous friends :)

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I will miss this in my switch from Blackberry. They have really customizable notifications, including LED flash.... I've love to have it on WP...

-m

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Curious. As I have never used a PIN lock on any phone (also have never lost/misplaced a phone, or had one stolen-stuck to me like glue) are you saying you have to PIN unlocked "before" you can see the Lock screen, and your new notifications. If so, that is dumb.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Yeah that confused me a bit, too. No, you don't have to unlock your phone to see notifications (phone/text/email) on the lock screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes