chevron unlocking

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
When will they have tokens available again is the better question.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
does this really have a limit to the amount of Apps you can sideload? If so, how can you bypass that limit?

I used the tool to unlock my Focus S the first night I had it. I just counted the sideloaded apps on my Focus S, and I count 11...and I think there may be one or two things that got sideloaded that don't actually show up as apps in the list. Also, I loaded up a few more xaps that I have since uninstalled, like the HTC flashlight, and the LG panorama setting, simply because they didn't work on my Samsung...point being that I have had more than 10 at one time...

BUT...I also took advantage of a hack found over on XDA that enabled the stealth tethering which apparently interop unlocked me as well...which apparently is the key to getting around the 10 app sideload limit...

I am sure there are others smarter than myself that can help shed some light here, as I am still kinda new to WP...

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I used the tool to unlock my Focus S the first night I had it. I just counted the sideloaded apps on my Focus S, and I count 11...and I think there may be one or two things that got sideloaded that don't actually show up as apps in the list. Also, I loaded up a few more xaps that I have since uninstalled, like the HTC flashlight, and the LG panorama setting, simply because they didn't work on my Samsung...point being that I have had more than 10 at one time...

BUT...I also took advantage of a hack found over on XDA that enabled the stealth tethering which apparently interop unlocked me as well...which apparently is the key to getting around the 10 app sideload limit...

I am sure there are others smarter than myself that can help shed some light here, as I am still kinda new to WP...

yes 10 apps with Chevron and "allegedly" unlimited with the interop unlock.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's actually the other way around.

There's a value in the registry that the phone uses to determine how many sideloaded apps you can have. The Chevron unlock sets this to 10. If this is set to 300 or higher, then your phone is interop-unlocked (it appears MS is somehow using this value to determine whether or not you are allowed to use interop dlls). So basically, to interop-unlock your phone, all you have to do is set that value to 300 or higher, which has the nice side effect of allowing you to have that many sideloaded apps. Most interop-unlock methods I've seen just set it to the max value, which I believe is something like 16 million.

The real trick is getting access to the registry so you can change that value.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12