Last week I purchased an unlock token, but I can't get the unlocker to actually run. I keep getting the "requires Windows Phone Support Tools v2" error. I have installed all of the prerequisite applications (including the one in the error message) and I just can't get it working. I have tried on THREE different computers, all running Windows 7 Pro 64.

I can't really find any solutions anywhere. Has anyone successfully resolved this? I would really like to unlock this phone.
    01-01-2012 11:54 PM
    Last week I purchased an unlock token, but I can't get the unlocker to actually run. I keep getting the "requires Windows Phone Support Tools v2" error. I have installed all of the prerequisite applications (including the one in the error message) and I just can't get it working. I have tried on THREE different computers, all running Windows 7 Pro 64.

I can't really find any solutions anywhere. Has anyone successfully resolved this? I would really like to unlock this phone.
    I had the same issue and kept getting sent to different MS web sites to dl the tools listed in error message (which i also did) but what did it was when I finally installed the Windows Phone support tool 2.0

be sure you have that installed
    01-02-2012 01:20 PM
    Thanks. It is definitely installed (I have the icon on the desktop).
    01-02-2012 01:21 PM
    Had the same issue and reinstalling Zune fixed it, not my idea i emailed chevron support :)
    01-03-2012 12:29 PM
    I had tried reinstalling Zune and that didn't work. I had to move all of the files installed by the WP support tool to my Zune folder (I had chosen a folder other than the default) per this comment:

I had issues with the windows phone support tools not installed. My Zune was installed somewhere other than the C drive. The win phone support tools install into c:\program files\zune by default.
    Copy the files from that directory, along with the unlock tool to where you have your zune software installed and you should be good to go.

Unlocked a Dell Venue Pro with no issues after that.
    That worked fine. I HATE how MS insists that things be installed into specific directories. Argh.
    01-03-2012 07:26 PM
    Neither ChevronWP7 Labs or WPCentral provide SIM unlock. You shouldn't be spamming your IMEI either.
    01-11-2012 09:27 AM
    I had the same issue and kept getting sent to different MS web sites to dl the tools listed in error message (which i also did) but what did it was when I finally installed the Windows Phone support tool 2.0
    03-22-2012 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD