Hi please help. I have an unlocked phone (Windows Mobile 6.1) with no sim card that I am able to surf the net on my WIFI, but have not figured out how to make a call. I am able to sign in to my Gmail account where I have GV and can dial a number. It calls my home phone, which is what it is set up to do.

My question is what do I need to add to get a free phone number and then my GV can call it, which would be my cell phone? Do I need anything else? Again, just looking for a reliable and FREE way to make outbound calls to anyone in the US. Meaning not Skype or Fringe where free calls are to other members.

Thanks!
    01-28-2012 12:33 PM
    Google Voice doesn't make VoIP calls as far as I know.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    01-28-2012 12:36 PM
    Can't you just keep google voice open on your phone? If that works, just get a 2nd google voice account.

There's a lot of VOIP programs you could use but they don't have a phone number, like ventrilo, team speak, ...etc..
    01-28-2012 12:39 PM
    Hi and thanks for the answers. I do believe you can make GV calls using VOIP. The only reason I believe this is true is because I have read or viewed videos of people doing it, bt they usually talk about it with Android or BB phones. Interesting idea about having two GV lines. The problem is that my phone has no SIM so I need to get some kind of app on my phone and a phone number tied to it. Please keep the ideas coming!
    01-28-2012 12:49 PM
    I just tried to place a Google Voice call and it said I didn't have enough money in my account to make it happen.

So you want to tie your GV number to your WM device. I'm not sure there's a way to do that so you can make outbound calls. Pretty much need the Google voice app for that. Might try some Bing/Google searches to see is someone has made some type of .cab that simulates Google voice.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    01-28-2012 01:13 PM
    Well for Android, I think people use GrooveIP to call using their Google Voice number. GrooveIP is some sort of SIP client I think. I don't know what would be the WM's equivalent application.
    01-28-2012 01:28 PM
    Thanks 1jaxstate1, can you give me more info. on what a cab is and how it would be used?

Not sure why you have to pay for the call? On my setup I can make a call, but it calls my home line. I wonder if your plan realizes what your doing and states the money issue.
    01-28-2012 01:29 PM
    A .cab would been the file type of WM apps. So a Skype app, for example, would be Skype.cab.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    01-28-2012 02:15 PM
    Some free some paid. I'm not even sure if the downloads even work. But it's a start. Still won't let you do VoIP calls,I don't think.
    Google Voice Dialer for Windows Mobile 1.5 download free - Place phone calls using Google Voice number.

Google Voice For Windows Mobile

http://www.windowscentral.com/google...ialer-vs-idial
    01-28-2012 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD