is there a jailbreak for lumias?...

jmml1

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, im a newcomer to wp7, i recently bought a lumia 800, it's been 3 weeks and so far i really like the phone and OS...but, the thing is i haven't found a way to jailbreak it, and what is worse the marketplace is not available in my country, which means i just can download free apps and try the ones that are for purchase, I CAN'T BUY APPS!!!, it is just not possible now, it's kinda frustrating this situation, i can't use the phone the way i want and can't have the apps i want, so, anyone here with a suggestion? (not a dramatic one like changing my phone, please!)...i'd really appreciate any help

Nanjin

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I ran across some articles saying that in your situation, registering a new live id (your WP default live id) will solve this problem, providing the id is from a country where a local Marketplace is already established, such as US, UK, Hongkong, etc. The location of the ID will determine the availability of the type of apps you can download. For example, there are apps only available for HK but not in the US and vice versa.

tenoclock

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
To install other languages for the UI (Lumia only comes with Eng&Span) I'm assuming you need to go through similar method? Or can it be done without a jailbreaking/root process?

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure that's not possible

To install other languages for the UI (Lumia only comes with Eng&Span) I'm assuming you need to go through similar method? Or can it be done without a jailbreaking/root process?

I never heard something like that, and I am pretty sure that it is not possible at the moment to get additional languages in any way.

Maybe, with two completely rooted phones, one with the wanted language, there could be a way to copy those files over, or more exactly cook new ROM images - in theory, if you knew exactly which files to take and to put where...

tenoclock

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just spent some time and updated some languages on my Lumia 900!

Followed this guide on XDA
[CAB] Official WP7 Updates List: 7.10.8107 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

Mine's unlocked through developer account which allows me to load homebrew apps, however I am not sure if that is the same as jailbreak or rooting.

I am not sure if the OP would benefit from developer unlock since all he wanted was to purchase the app. I think I came across somewhere that Marketplace is actually tied to the location of your Windows Live account. Maybe OP can focus on researching that part.

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting

Just spent some time and updated some languages on my Lumia 900!

Followed this guide on XDA

Surprising, and interesting. Looks like my assumptions were just plain wrong. Never underestimate those hackers :)

Mine's unlocked through developer account which allows me to load homebrew apps, however I am not sure if that is the same as jailbreak or rooting.

It's somewhat confusing alright. There seem to be two levels of "unlock" on WP7, called developer unlock and interop unlock. The first one allows you to install your own, "homebrew" apps on the device, the second one to do some things more. The XDA forums have the details.

wp-j

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The first one allows you to install your own, "homebrew" apps on the device, the second one to do some things more. The XDA forums have the details.
With a developer unlocked phone you can install a few apps (3 for a student registration) - but that doesn't have to be home-brewed apps.

Using the Phone7Market (Windows desktop application) you can download free apps and install them onto the developer unlocked phone (or emulator).

thewhitetower1

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Bit of a newb to WP and j/breaking....can the procedures detailed at XDA (i.e interlop and custom roms etc) be carried out on an iMac running Windows? or does it have to be done on a Windows PC?

Thanks

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
It's a Windows PC

Bit of a newb to WP and j/breaking....can the procedures detailed at XDA (i.e interlop and custom roms etc) be carried out on an iMac running Windows? or does it have to be done on a Windows PC?

If you boot your iMac with Windows (and not only run Windows under the control of a virtual machine on top of OS X) it's for all intent and purposes just a Windows PC. I don't think that your phone will notice anything is amiss.

style6610

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello

My Name is Rakesh and I got New Nokia Lumia 800 phone. The Phone is Really Good but I am not able to install any games or application on my phone externally. I found that my Bootloader is "Nokia Dload" now i want to enable Developer Mode in it so please let me the mehtods to do it.

If i change the Flash of the My Nokia Lumia 800 will the Bootloader change from Nokia Dload to Qualcomm I am asking this because i saw in some other forums tha the developer mode can be enable on Qualcomm Bootloader only.

Please help me.

Thanks and Awaitng for A postive feed back.

Regards

Rakesh Upadhyay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon