08-11-2016 01:29 PM
69 123
tools
    The phone dialer issue is because you didn't add the language packs. Add the ones for your phone and you will be fine. Speech to text is not an issue with this update. Something odds going on with tellme and it's affecting lots of customers.
    03-26-2012 11:27 PM
    Will this wipe my phone? (i.e. Will I have to reinstall all of my apps and recustomize my phone settings?)
    03-27-2012 01:11 AM
    No, it does not wipe the device
    03-27-2012 01:20 AM
    Ok so Im on an HTC Titan, I am not getting an error code but when I Run WP7 Update Cab Sender I get:'Choice' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    Everytime I press "B" or "S" I get the same message! I have installed Windows Phone Support Tool and still have the same problem...any help would be greatly appreciated:happy:
    03-27-2012 03:08 AM
    Ok so Im on an HTC Titan, I am not getting an error code but when I Run WP7 Update Cab Sender I get:'Choice' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    Everytime I press "B" or "S" I get the same message! I have installed Windows Phone Support Tool and still have the same problem...any help would be greatly appreciated:happy:
    I'm having a same issue with HTC Titan. It seems that the batch file has an issue. Please help.
    03-27-2012 12:19 PM
    Here is where everyone can discuss force-updating their Windows Phone to the latest 8107 OS version as discussed on the front page: www.wpcentral.com/force-updating-your-windows-phone-os-build-8107-tutorial

Have problems? Have questions? Want to verify your setup? Ask here.
    Everytime I press "B" or "S" I get the same message! I have installed Windows Phone Support Tool and still have the same problem...any help would be greatly appreciated
    03-27-2012 12:54 PM
    The phone dialer issue is because you didn't add the language packs. Add the ones for your phone and you will be fine. Speech to text is not an issue with this update. Something odds going on with tellme and it's affecting lots of customers.
    I thought I added the language pack to the folder but it saved somewhere else. I tried it again with the language pack and it works! Thanks for the tip.
    03-27-2012 09:23 PM
    I updated my 710, and ended up going back to 7740 because I noticed no improvements. I am waiting (although it sucks because I'm tired of T-Mobile dragging their heels) for the official update with Nokia specific tuned firmware in there that may improve battery life (rumored to from the Nokia specific 8107 for the 800), audio (also rumored to be improved from the 800), and other things that I actually am experiencing (terrible battery life).

When I updated to 8107 I noticed no improvements in speed or performance and still experienced keyboard drop every now and then (less frequently I think), so I'd rather know my phone is stock then have "half" of an update.
    03-28-2012 08:33 AM
    I updated my 710, and ended up going back to 7740 because I noticed no improvements. I am waiting (although it sucks because I'm tired of T-Mobile dragging their heels) for the official update with Nokia specific tuned firmware in there that may improve battery life (rumored to from the Nokia specific 8107 for the 800), audio (also rumored to be improved from the 800), and other things that I actually am experiencing (terrible battery life).

When I updated to 8107 I noticed no improvements in speed or performance and still experienced keyboard drop every now and then (less frequently I think), so I'd rather know my phone is stock then have "half" of an update.
    interesting, i did my force update last evening, so i will need some time to see if it was worth it for me, no keyboard drops yet is the only thing i have noticed so far.
    03-28-2012 09:01 AM
    interesting, i did my force update last evening, so i will need some time to see if it was worth it for me, no keyboard drops yet is the only thing i have noticed so far.
    Yea, prior to forcing the update I heard two things had improved that I was looking for:

1. Keyboard accuracy - Along with curing the keyboard drop (which it didn't) it was initially reported that 8107 returned the accuracy of the keyboard finger detection CLOSE to what it was with NoDo (a virtual keyboard as perfect as it could get IMHO).

2. There were speed improvements, performance improvements, etc..

I noticed NEITHER of these two changes when I forced the update. I had all language packs installed and everything still worked, but nothing had improved AT ALL from what I could notice. I kept it installed for a week or two and just didn't like feeling my phone wasn't "official" although there were no changes I could see, so I restored my backup and wiped my phone clean back to 7740.16 on my Lumia 710 (T-Mobile).

It sucks because if I could only get Nokia Care Suite to install I could debrand my phone from T-Mobile and get the Nokia-specific 8107 12070 build pushed to my phone. Unfortunately it gives me an error (when installing Nokia Care Suite) that the "install was interrupted before it could start". I've tried on my Windows 7 laptop and work PC (both 64 bit).
    03-28-2012 02:58 PM
    So I completed the update to 8107 yesterday on my AT&T Rev 1.3 Samsung Focus and all went smoothly, suddenly today my "phone" tile was no longer working. I figured it had to be the update as I had not changed anything else on the device so I went to restore the backup I had created yesterday when updating.

Must not be my day today because during the restore process the usb connection somehow disconnected (not physically) and I ended up with the following symptoms:

- Cannot boot my phone past the first white samsung logo coming up
    - Can access download mode
    - Can access Hard Reset/Format

After going through the process with either a hard reset I briefly see the Samsung Logo again on my device and then get a black screen for a minute or so. After that the windows phone logo with usb cable and pc logo showing connect the usb cable to my pc comes up and sits on the screen nothing else happens.

I have read that this may indicate that it is possible to flash my device back to the original retail rom using WP7 downloader ver 7.21 BUT I am having trouble finding/getting access to the original roms link from the xda developers site. Wondering if anyone has any other links to the original at&t retail rom for focus v1.3 or if anyone here can give me any other suggestions on fixes for the above described issue?

Thanks in advance to anyone with any suggestions!!
    03-28-2012 03:53 PM
    the problem I am having all of a sudden is that my data connection will all of a sudden stop working. I will go to a website and it will work fine and then I try going to another and it will no longer work. I am going to restore my phone and see if that fixes the problem. Will report back if I find anything.
    03-28-2012 07:15 PM
    Force update on my Venue Pro worked great however it killed my phone dialer, I hit tile nothing happens. Any suggestions. Went back to 7720 dialer works fine
    03-30-2012 10:46 AM
    Force update on my Venue Pro worked great however it killed my phone dialer, I hit tile nothing happens. Any suggestions. Went back to 7720 dialer works fine
    Thats the exact problem I had but when I restored my phone got bricked :(
    03-30-2012 10:52 AM
    I had the stock dialer breaking trick on my Focus S after updateing, but not at first. It took a few days before it happened to my phone. So then I restored back to previous version backup I created using the WPConnector on my MBPro (WHY can't Zune do this?) then reapplied the update with the language files (just the two English ones) I left out the first time and now things are great.
    03-30-2012 11:33 AM
    Same thing happened to me. It's b/c you didn't have the language pack cab file in the folder where you run the update from. Download the correct language pack(s) into that folder and update it.
    03-30-2012 12:48 PM
    Thanks for the heads up I will give it a try
    03-30-2012 01:25 PM
    moved language into folder replaced update still no dialer, went back to 7720. I'll just wait for the update from T-Mobile (yea right)
    03-30-2012 03:34 PM
    So my phone was bricked after a bad restore and I thought that due to an OS re-install on my PC that I did not have any old restore points....I thought wrong, just found my nodo restore point from September, moved it from the backup location into my C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update folder and convinced Zune to do a restore, I am running nodo 7.0.7390.0 as we speak!!!

Yay to No paperweights!!!! and also a huge sigh of relief as I can throw away my nokia 2120 I have been using now lol
    03-31-2012 02:02 AM
    I tried to restore my Focus S yesterday and my PC crashed (Went Blue Screen) in the middle of the update. I convinced my self that the problem was my C/ drive didn't have enough space to complete the install. So I started moving and deleting files guess what I deleted my restore file... :@ I know I know I of all people should know better. lucky for me I make a system image once a week. After 14 hours of restore watching my Focus S hold paper down I Finlay got my backup file. I tried once again to restore with Zune and got the blue screen of death. Then I read in this thread about using the install tool to do the restore worked like a charm.

2 rules of thumb never I said NEVER delete your restore file and always restore your backup the same way it was made.
    03-31-2012 05:01 PM
    I did mine by changing my registery so my carrier was Vodafone and plugged it into zune and it updated. Piece of Cake.
    04-03-2012 12:15 PM
    Here is where everyone can discuss force-updating their Windows Phone to the latest 8107 OS version as discussed on the front page: www.wpcentral.com/force-updating-your-windows-phone-os-build-8107-tutorial

Have problems? Have questions? Want to verify your setup? Ask here.
    Hiya

Just tried this and got the following:

UpdateWP version 4.8.2345.0

Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {77CB935D-D0CC-
    4249-8643-3C387A514A27} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
    Call stack:
    at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.DeviceManager.Initialize()
    at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.DeviceManager.get_Instance()
    at wm7update.Program.Main(String[] args)

╚══════ Done
    Press any key to continue . . .

Please help :-(

Just so you know, ever since upgrading to Mango, Zune doesn't detect my phone anymore either....

Thanks
    04-18-2012 05:54 PM
    Communicating with device. Please wait for Recover button to be enabled.
    Support Tool version 4.8.2345.0

The tool cannot recover this phone. Please contact technical support.

:-(
    04-18-2012 06:00 PM
    Gone through 2 phones and just got a new SIM. Still locks.
    Just wondering if the ROM image is still viable for me to push to.
    05-02-2012 11:53 AM
    I tried updating my Lumia 900 to tango last night using this methed. I installed the tango update as well as the language files (English & Spanish) using the links to the language cabs in the tutorial post. Update was successful except I had all the problems you get from not installing the language cabs. I restored to my back up with no issues.

Anyone have a guess what went wrong for me? I may give it another try today.
    07-03-2012 11:05 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD