Your view on jailbreaking WP8?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey all...

With all the heated debates and exclusive rumors doing the rounds, this particular aspect was given a complete miss.

So let's start...how far have we come in WP7 that we need to evolve in WP8 when it comes to jailbreaking? I mean..how much have we achieved??

Are any devs working towards a successful jailbreak ??

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey all...

With all the heated debates and exclusive rumors doing the rounds, this particular aspect was given a complete miss.

So let's start...how far have we come in WP7 that we need to evolve in WP8 when it comes to jailbreaking? I mean..how much have we achieved??

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

well, IIRC, nowhere is the answer

ok that's not fair, in terms of gaining high level of access we've gotten pretty far, almost full control over the phone "can" be achieved IF you can gain access to it in the first place

every unofficial dev unlock all interop/full unlocks have only been achieved because the manufacture buggered up their software and allowed access to the system with high than normal privileges.

The only other way around the OS is to use a custom bootloader and install custom roms, again, this is tied to the manufacture

So in short, there is currently no way that I am aware of, of cracking the OS WITHOUT using a, exploit from a third party. no exploit no interop/full unlock, limited Dev unlock

The OS is tighter than a ducks arse....at the moment!

please correct me if I am wrong.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
What is jailbreak in wp7?

The terms "jiailbreak" and "root" are pretty synonymous with gain root permissions to the OS's file system. It allows you to do things that aren't necessarily baked into the OS. For windows phone, a great example would be tweaking texts tones so that they can be applied to individual users (ie, different people on your contacts list have different text tones).

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
WP8 got some added security updates, such as the ability to change the OEM Marketplace with an XAP file was patched. As always, if the userbase grows in 8, we could see some real jailbreaks coming.

The Last Byte

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a purpose as most of the good apps on WP7/8 are free. Besides, it's always great to support the devs so they can make more great titles for you to enjoy!

If you want to jailbreak for the customization, I don't see a problem with that.

glenada

Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
Hey all...

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

I would love to see some ROMs developed. :happy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12