Modify 4G band frequency

francofs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a Lumia 900 while in the US, however the 4G band frequencies in US don't work down here in Brazil.

I was wondering if like android devices we could change the frequency of operation for the 4G band on Windows Phone devices. I'm not sure if Lumia 900 support different frequencies at the hardware level, but I am still wondering if at firmware level the frequency could be changed.

I hope it can so I can try to modify it to Brazilian 4G frequency and check if it works.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any input. Googling around hasn't turned any related results.

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a Lumia 900 while in the US, however the 4G band frequencies in US don't work down here in Brazil.

I was wondering if like android devices we could change the frequency of operation for the 4G band on Windows Phone devices. I'm not sure if Lumia 900 support different frequencies at the hardware level, but I am still wondering if at firmware level the frequency could be changed.

I hope it can so I can try to modify it to Brazilian 4G frequency and check if it works.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any input. Googling around hasn't turned any related results.

The Frequency is determined by a series of crystal slates, its very much a hardware difference and thus not user changeable, whilst it is possible to change the underlying signal GSM/CDMA you can only use the carrier frequencies that is covered by the crystals.

Sorry my friend, but your out of luck on that one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise