Hello everyone, first I would like to thank you for viewing my thread.
    Today, I traded off my iPhone 3GS, 16 GB,iOS 6, jailbroken and unlocked for a waaaay better phone. The Samsung Focus (Samsung SGH-i917)! So far, I really like this phone. Except for one problem. I bought the "UNLIMITED EVERYTHING PLAN (Prepaid $50 plan) for $50" from AT&T. I like it, only problem is that I don't know how to get my data working.. So if anyone knows the correct way to get my data working, or the "APN" settings for AT&T's GoPhone Data network, please comment below, or text me at '. Thank you! :)
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 10-16-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Remove phone number
    10-15-2012 09:33 PM
    Your phone is already set up for AT&T, since it's an AT&T phone. The APN: wap.cingular

As far as I know it should be all setup. Is there a SmartPhone data plan you need to add? That may be the issue. I don't think the $50 plan covers SmartPhones

You maybe better off with something like Straight Talk
    Last edited by palandri; 10-15-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    10-15-2012 10:44 PM
    Your phone is already set up for AT&T, since it's an AT&T phone. The APN: wap.cingular

As far as I know it should be all setup. Is there a SmartPhone data plan you need to add? That may be the issue. I don't think the $50 plan covers SmartPhones
    See, that's the thing. You're supposed to buy one, I should have mentioned that's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to bypass the SmartPhone data plan that you need to add. I've seen it done on iPhones with the $50 plan. Just wondering if there is anyway to do it with this phone.. They just changed the APN. That's all they did pretty much. Thanks for the reply by the way. :)
    10-15-2012 10:50 PM
    I have a regular AT&T account (about $100 a month) and a Pay As You Go SIM card for work.

On my Pay As You Go SIM card I pay $25 a month for 250 minutes and unlimited SMS/MMS. I add 1GB of Data for $25. So I pay $50 a month for it.

If you need more than that you may want to look at Straight Talk ;

Welcome To Straight Talk
    10-15-2012 11:07 PM
    Smart man, I'll have to look into that. I just hate wasting my money! Can you redirect me to this "smartphone package" that you need to purchase to use on smartphones?
    10-15-2012 11:09 PM
    Smart man, I'll have to look into that. I just hate wasting my money! Can you redirect me to this "smartphone package" that you need to purchase to use on smartphones?
    https://www.paygonline.com/websc/index.jsp
    10-15-2012 11:10 PM
    Hey man at&t has a 65 dollar unlimited talk text and 1 GB of data plan now
    10-16-2012 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD