Anybody have success flashing lumia 920 with NCS 5.0

Walkerboy79

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to flash my lumia 920 with NCS 5.0 and data package manager. Found a well used tutorial over on xda forums......but I get stuck after entering product type and code. it says "No variants found". anyone try this with success? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I found this came up when I tried to flash the other day. What I did was disconnect and reconnect the phone til it did. Also, you may try switching off your phone then connect again and as it boots up, it is recognised by NCS 5. I'll try it later and see if I can tell what it is you need to do.

Walkerboy79

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it makes any difference at all in the flashing process, but my phone is bricked and will only boot to att screen and sometimes Nokia screen where it gets stuck. Ncs will recognize phone in multi software updater, but not in data package manager. have tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times but no luck. Might have to try download from navifirm+

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you have a set of files to flash to you phone, in NSU for retail, you will see a folder where the 'Downloads' go. Move your files to that folder and run NSU for retail. It should then flash that package to your phone. The latest version gives the option to flash a dead phone so should work.
( I should mention Nokia Software Updater For Retail 4 can also be used).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers