Interested in developing an App? App idea inside...

ybahman

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
This is an awesome idea and I love the doc you put together. But unfortunately, the API set that exists for WP doesn't allow you to modify the user's Start screen like that.
It might be possible for one app to attempt to make all the user's tiles and choose to display things differently at various times of the day... but that app would have to render all the tiles itself AND I don't even think it'd be able to open up the 3rd party apps like Twitter or WPcentral, etc... Maybe WP 8.1 API will have these capabilities?

Timo Suominen

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
As I am not a developer, I cannot state anything about the #wp8.1 API. Hope someone else can comment on this.

Glad u liked the idea, been wanting one since the early days of #wp7.5, would so much enhance #wp UX.

// timo

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Shame on MSFT then ;-) As I anticipated. Lets have fingers crossed for wp blue then...

its not impossible. but we cannot determine in which API, will it work. i never came across such app. i remember an app for symbian which was in the development for such location based activities (which use GPS), was developed by Nokia, but it never crossed Nokia Beta Labs.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
OK, lets see if things change in future. The feature seems to raise some interest :)
yes indeed. many times, some professional discussions, or critical matters need recorded proofs.
a friend of mine is till using symbian just bcoz he can record order from clients. he is an electrical material wholeseller, and call recorder is a must for his working style. he goes on changing his second phone between WP and Droid every six months.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
This is an awesome idea and I love the doc you put together. But unfortunately, the API set that exists for WP doesn't allow you to modify the user's Start screen like that.
It might be possible for one app to attempt to make all the user's tiles and choose to display things differently at various times of the day... but that app would have to render all the tiles itself AND I don't even think it'd be able to open up the 3rd party apps like Twitter or WPcentral, etc... Maybe WP 8.1 API will have these capabilities?

are you a developer sir? Can u help me with some of my apps? Please if u can, pm me... Tejasjavery@yahoo.com
Thank u.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon