Any word of custom keyboards?

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Love my 521, but the only thing I miss from Android is my Swiftkey 3 keyboard app. Any plans for Microsoft to allow 3rd party developers for keyboard customization?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
thrilled to hear you love your Lumia 521 :)
at this time windows phone does not allow custom keyboard , swiftkey is nice keyboard but windows phone have this in-built called word flow , it works very well and will learn as you type more often , it will intelligently predict next word for you , like swiftkey works :)
it's rumoured the next major update for windows phone 8 , i.e windows phone 8.1 will also get a swipe based keyboard , and all windows phone running windows phone 8 will get the update ;)
also check this article for more help :- 7 keyboard tips that will make you type faster on Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
thrilled to hear you love your Lumia 521 :)
at this time windows phone does not allow custom keyboard , swiftkey is nice keyboard but windows phone have this in-built called word flow , it works very well and will learn as you type more often , it will intelligently predict next word for you , like swiftkey works :)
it's rumoured the next major update for windows phone 8 , i.e windows phone 8.1 will also get a swipe based keyboard , and all windows phone running windows phone 8 will get the update ;)
also check this article for more help :- 7 keyboard tips that will make you type faster on Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Ok, appreciate the info! And yes I have noticed it's been learning how I type which is pretty cool. Although I have bigger fingers and misspell a lot. And I don't like flow or swype. Swiftkey let me adjust the size of the keyboard and was a better experience. Another thing I wish is that the windows keyboard had vibrating feedback. Maybe in a update.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, appreciate the info! And yes I have noticed it's been learning how I type which is pretty cool. Although I have bigger fingers and misspell a lot. And I don't like flow or swype. Swiftkey let me adjust the size of the keyboard and was a better experience. Another thing I wish is that the windows keyboard had vibrating feedback. Maybe in a update.

Hopefully , many need vibration in keyboard. This is all up to nokia to release in next firmware update ;)

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

quotethepigeon

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey is amazing. I don't usually bother with changing stock apps or software but it just blows every other keyboard away. Having that on board WP would be huge!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos