Poking at Folders

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
WP8.1 allows App2SD, right? I figured to go about HEX EDITING things, as I normally do when I'm bored.
So, after moving apps over, they are stored in the WPSystem folder, but only when the card is directly in the PC: if plugged in to the phone, it's not there.
Remember that it's a hidden system folder: uncheck the 'Hide Protected OS Files' box.
In that folder, you have /AppData, /AppRespository, /Apps, /SharedData, and two .DAT files: WPAppSettings and WPSettings. (Don't see /AppRepository? Install Facebook.)
Under AppData, it's the usual AppData folder seen in your User directory (Local, Roaming, etc.), however they're all under the various GUIDs.
Apps would be the app's main files, of course. Again, separated by GUID.
Best resource for the GUIDs is the web version of the WP Store, of course.

So anyway, I wanted to hex edit my profile data on Subway Surfers; GUID BEDFF828-2697-4CC5-8661-1206D15E3E0C.
Tried to find my Coin value, for instance. There were no instances of the said data.
Kept on going through the files, I ended up with some logs and other text files. Encoding is different than usual.

Looks like all the files are indeed encrypted. Bummer. I thought we could have a way to edit our game data, haha...

[Figured the Hacking thread would be the best place to put this, as that's what I'm trying to accomplish. :) ]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss