06-12-2014 10:59 PM
88 1234
tools
    Proof or it didn't happen.
    Loco5150 and xandros9 like this.
    06-12-2014 09:42 AM
    On the other hand, you can get your concept to the "Crackers" and Hackers so we can enjoy free apps in store :D Just Kidding XD
    Just an FYI as you seem to have mentioned it. Hacker = White Hat/'good guy' while Cracker = Black Hat/'bad guy' but this is only in the traditional sense of the words. Most people use Hacker to mean bad guy.
    link68759 likes this.
    06-12-2014 11:40 AM
    Cracker = Black Hat/'bad guy'
    Doesnt Cracker mean a white guy?
    phirefly, Zuka_WPC and Citizen X like this.
    06-12-2014 12:13 PM
    Don't **ck up a good thing under the illusion of the threat of piracy.
    What is the good thing here? The promise of a cracked OS or the promise of a safer OS?
    06-12-2014 12:18 PM
    The thing just is that. It will be pure unless you would unlock your own device and install a pirated XAP, if XAP like that being even available.

What benefits were from unlocking the Ativ S. We had more tiles and unlimited accents for maybe 6 months before DP and more little hacks like that. iOS has been unlocked and the world for them has not ended. Android is a thing of its own and a huge problem there are the viruses from the official store.

This probably is useless conversation as there is no proof of this even happening.
    There was an interesting report here in WPCentral that argued that as it is the platform has more potential of generating revenue through apps, as opposed to Android and IOS. In this aspect, I think this thing about unlocking the platform would hurt it more than benefit.
    IMHO killing a platform you like for unlocking it to install free apps (which are quite cheap anyway) and to customize the phone would be a shame. But that's just my opinion.
    06-12-2014 12:27 PM
    There was an interesting report here in WPCentral that argued that as it is the platform has more potential of generating revenue through apps, as opposed to Android and IOS.
    Blackberry used to say the same thing...
    06-12-2014 12:32 PM
    Forgive me for being skeptical, but I do not believe something like this can just pop out, straight out of the blue.

A quote from XDA dev Heathcliff74:

"By default all applications are launched in a sandbox. The sandbox can be decorated with capabilities. Other than that, it is normally not possible to step outside the sandbox to view or change data on the phone or use system functions from the phone. Everytime a secured object (like file or registry-value) is accessed, all security-token-attributes like Access Control List, Lowbox-state, Restriction-state, Privileges and capabilities are checked. Furthermore, everytime code is loaded, it's integrity is checked. Simple hacks are often not possible, because everything is checked and double-checked and many OS features depend on it. For example, if you completely disable the sandboxing mechanism, many apps won't launch anymore because the sandbox also defines the identity of the application. Without that identity, it's not possible to load COM-objects and Windows Runtime Components or have cross-process-communication. This results in many crashing or hanging applications. So, to get unlimited access to secured objects and APIs, you need to gently circumvent the systems that check the integrity of the code, the Access Control Lists, the privileges and the capabilities. You also need to be able to impersonate other, non-lowboxed accounts."

That's a ton of work, takes a ton of dedication, and is not at all easy. Not saying you're not all that, but...... I am especially suspicious of your claim to bypass the Code Integrity check.

Third, not every Lumia device is the same. You claiming to have gained root access to all Lumia devices at the same time does come off as suspicious. An Interop unlock is hard enough (and impossible at the moment), and total unlock is nigh impossible to achieve.

I do not mean to discourage you or anything, just sayin.

Oh, and if you really have got root access? Share it on XDA and report it to Microsoft. Do both. The hackers and the enthusiasts get what they want, and pirates (who are generally not that geeky) fail to understand how to hack the device. Win win.

EDIT: Here's the important part: PIRACY IS NOT AN ISSUE! The dev unlock and deploy method can be used to load cracked xaps, and the 10/2 xap limit can be circumvented. You just cannot stop piracy completely. This is the truth. There will always be piracy.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 06-12-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Warez removed
    Loco5150 and heat 33330 like this.
    06-12-2014 12:38 PM
    point taken, however, the Victorians were adamant the titanic couldn't be sunk!

Forgive me for being skeptical, but I do not believe something like this can just pop out, straight out of the blue.
    06-12-2014 01:44 PM
    Touch for that guy!

And if he got something, great for the OP, if not, it was good reading all the POV.
    06-12-2014 03:05 PM
    Fake, move on people
    Jazmac and mrappbrain like this.
    06-12-2014 03:11 PM
    Hi, I'm Amol Baikar from India.
    I'm Dot.Net Developer.
    Last night i cracked security of Nokia Lumia Device, Now I'm able to access os system files.
    I'm world's 1st hacker who bypass the security of Nokia Devices on WP8.1.
    I have not posted yet any forum or site.
    Just help me, where to put my concept ?
    On XDA Developer Forum or Nokia Forum or send report to Microsoft?
    I think seriously send report to the Microsoft for Piracy Prevent. Other wise PIRACY BECOMES ON WINDOWS PHONE STORE.
    Help me guys.
    If this is for real don't tell or show anyone. Contact MSFT directly and see what they say. If they don't offer a nice reward ask for one. Under no circumstances post this to the web or email/PM anyone about it. You don't have anything to prove. If people think it is fake or that you are a liar so what? Be mature. Stop caring what people on the internet think about you. Just contact MSFT and collect your reward and make Windows Phone a more secure OS.

Good Luck. And let us know how things turn out.
    amolbaikar likes this.
    06-12-2014 03:24 PM
    I'm sorry but this seems and feels fake... If not post some credible proof, because so far all you have done is claim that you have successfully hacked 8.1, but have provided no evidence of this.. Oh wait there was an invalid url... Lol
    06-12-2014 03:26 PM
    If this is for real don't tell or show anyone. Contact MSFT directly and see what they say. If they don't offer a nice reward ask for one. Under no circumstances post this to the web or email/PM anyone about it. You don't have anything to prove. If people think it is fake or that you are a liar so what? Be mature. Stop caring what people on the internet think about you. Just contact MSFT and collect your reward and make Windows Phone a more secure OS.

Good Luck. And let us know how things turn out.
    Yeah, thanx man !!!
    Citizen X likes this.
    06-12-2014 03:34 PM
    I'm sorry but this seems and feels fake... If not post some credible proof, because so far all you have done is claim that you have successfully hacked 8.1, but have provided no evidence of this.. Oh wait there was an invalid url... Lol
    Why does it matter if it's fake? If it's real he should report it to MSFT. If it is fake it can live out its life happily in his imagination. Either way it doesn't affect you.
    06-12-2014 03:35 PM
    Lol I'm not against the guy :) I'm jus saying give us credible proof
    06-12-2014 03:37 PM
    Lol I'm not against the guy :) I'm jus saying give us credible proof
    Sorry I didn't mean to imply that. I just meant none of use are entitled to any proof. Whether we believe him or not is irrelevant. If what he says is true the best course of action for him is to collect a reward from MSFT. Praise or condemnation from us is irrelevant.
    06-12-2014 03:58 PM
    Well I do agree that his first action should be to report this too MSFT
    Citizen X and JamesPTao like this.
    06-12-2014 04:00 PM
    They weren't Victorians...

Just post it over at XDA and report it to MS, win-win.
    06-12-2014 04:12 PM
    Man, you guys are surprisingly against a possibility of a jailbreak for our OS. That's a shame.

Remember, jailbreaking is not just for piracy.
    06-12-2014 04:51 PM
    Man, you guys are surprisingly against a possibility of a jailbreak for our OS. That's a shame.

Yeah jailbreaking was actually created to unlock the potential of a device. When you jail break a psp you could get free games if u wanted to and you could get custom themes, overclock the processor, have access to homebrew apps like Nintendo 64 emulators, java mobile emulators. Jailbreaking less you get more for what you pay for.
    06-12-2014 04:56 PM

Yeah and leaving my front door unlocked is not just to let thieves in. It would be a lot more convenient if I never locked the thing and it seems unlikely that I would get robbed... but guess what? I would never live somewhere without a working front door lock. Call me crazy...
    06-12-2014 04:58 PM
    Hey bro, really??
    But where to put ? Or which email can i send to direct Microsoft?
    You can view the Microsoft Bounty Program page to learn more.
    06-12-2014 05:03 PM
    Myth. While I understand what you're trying to express, no one was "adamant the titanic couldn't be sunk" until after the sinking.
    06-12-2014 05:07 PM
    If the OP managed to unlock the Nok Phones, he should start a post on
    Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking - xda-developers

There are a hel lot more dev overthere, maybe even a few who can help to simplefy the procedures.
    Just look for "GoodDayToDie" and "snickler", these guys are very open and helpfull.

Trying to unlock and then running of to MS...........just to get a pad on the back for being a good boy, dont see the point for hacking it in the first place then.
    Just for the credits?

For all the others who are afraid of piracy, do your homework.............it doesnt work that way.
    Same as virusses............
    Xap files from the store are signed and must be engeneerd before you can even use them.
    Always negative.
    Think about the good things, think of what you can learn and do.
    Thats the whole point of it all.

@ OP
    If you stil need those mail adresses from MS personel?
    try
    joebelfiore@gmail.com
    bgates@gmail.com
    microsoft-info@gmail.com
    Last edited by SSgt Bruskowiz; 06-12-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    tgp and xandros9 like this.
    06-12-2014 05:08 PM
    Post it to xda... Maybe we would get the Youtube v3.0 xap file pulled by Google from the store.
    06-12-2014 05:47 PM
88 1234