Anyone got Cyan update already?

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm also not so sure that NaviFirm has the Cyan firmware yet. I've checked, but there's no update since the 3051 release.

It updates over the air, as long as you leave your location as finland or Argentina after flashing the latset rom for one of these product codes
RM-892
059S4J7 RM-892 VAR FI CV BLACK
059S6R9 RM-892 VAR FI CV GREY
059S6R8 RM-892 VAR FI CV WHITE
RM-893
059T7W8 RM-893 VAR LTA AR CV SKD
059T7R9 RM-893 VAR LTA AR CLARO SL SKD

I restored my latest backup onto it, and it wasn't too much of a hassle at all.

Only issue is I think I might have lost LTE on StraightTalk in the USA. It only says "H" on the connection meter now. Used to say "L" or "LTE". I might actually prefer it this way though. HSPDA+ is fast enough for me, and not having LTE gives me better battery life, and avoids the connection issues of switching between LTE and non-LTE areas in the car. So I'm indifferent. I was using a mexican ROM that supported US LTE bands prior to this.

It has a very nice feel to it. Very subtle but nice changes. For example, the tray, when you pull it down a little stops and snaps at the quick menu buttons, then you just keep pulling to see the whole tray.

Also, there is tiny send/receive arrows next to the wifi indicator on the top of the screen.

I can't find the brightness setting adjustment that was advertised. I'll keep looking.

Little things

Last edited:

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
so let me get this straight when i use one of those roms i can update to Cyan ?

Yeah, just DONT CHANGE THE COUNTRY during the initial setup. I was changing mine to USA, and it didn't get the update in Phone Update. You can change it to your actual country after Cyan is in. I did a hard reset too.

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, just DONT CHANGE THE COUNTRY during the initial setup. I was changing mine to USA, and it didn't get the update in Phone Update. You can change it to your actual country after Cyan is in. I did a hard reset too.
Sooo since i have a Nokia 1520 what rom do i have to choose ?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
What does your expected battery life show on the battery saver after a full charge? Mine used to show a little less than a day on the DP on stand by but gives me 20-22 hours with heavy to moderate use

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
So, I only need to use the nokia care suite to flash that rom and i'm good to go?

Then sit through a bunch of OTA updates, yes.

I did the Nokia update through PHONE UPDATE. Then, I turned on Preview for Developers, and it installed another update.

Now I am on Lumia Cyan v 3051.50009.1424.10362, and windows Phone v 8.10.12397.895

I don't think I could be any more up to date unless Joe Belfiore was my brother.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
What does your expected battery life show on the battery saver after a full charge? Mine used to show a little less than a day on the DP on stand by but gives me 20-22 hours with heavy to moderate use

Just unplugged after topping off at 100%, and it says 1 day, 15 hours. I have no idea how that is calculated based on my settings though.

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone with a cyan update confirm if the start screen is still laggy or not and does the screen become unresponsive some times?
Is there any kinda lag now in the OS?
Is it fast like WP8?
Sorry for too many questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky