Anyone got Cyan update already?

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

did anyone get already the Lumia Cyan update on his Lumia 925? I've found a way to install Cyan on all Lumia 925 in all countries. I will release it when I've tested it.

Now I need your help: If you got Cyan already on your device, please open extras+info setting and scroll over to Manufacturer Name. Please do a screenshot of it and upload it here. Thank you for your help! I need manufacturer name :)

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it should work. The method is simple, only need to load script in Fiddler and then connect your phone to Fiddler proxy. Branded to what carrier?

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I see what you are trying to do, use the proxy to change the manufacturer model. I just think that there maybe be a issue if you install the Finnish update in to a non Finnish rom. Don't you think ?

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Nope, because you can flash also different Country ROM in Nokia Care Suite. So, it doesn't matter and will not brick your phone.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine is RM-892_eu_hungary_411
You think I could do something with that? :)
Sorry, I should read OP better. I don't have Cyan yet.

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Nope, edited Fiddler rules to Lumia 925 Finland and then connected to phone. But it doesn't work :( The phone can't search for updates.
I'm going to find another way, that's for sure ;) I'll keep you updated.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Back with Lumia Black, I flashed the Chinese ROM to my 720 to get the update early, since Lumia Black was released in China first for the 720, weeks ahead of other regions. In the name of science, if anyone is willing to try flashing the 925 Finnish ROM to their 925 and checking for updates that would be great.

fonix232

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know, the update service doesn't just use the manufacturer label, but location, etc., too, which would need to be modified for Fiddler (also, only a few users in Finland got the update, so it's possible there's a random test pool that gets it first and then it will be scaled out).

I'm also not so sure that NaviFirm has the Cyan firmware yet. I've checked, but there's no update since the 3051 release.

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

did anyone get already the Lumia Cyan update on his Lumia 925? I've found a way to install Cyan on all Lumia 925 in all countries. I will release it when I've tested it.

Now I need your help: If you got Cyan already on your device, please open extras+info setting and scroll over to Manufacturer Name. Please do a screenshot of it and upload it here. Thank you for your help! I need manufacturer name :)

I've got cyan on my Lumia 925 already, got on wednesday. I'm too lazy to take a screenshot so I'm just gonna give you the manufacturer name: RM-892_eu_finland_202

:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte