Hey everyone,

Currently I'm planning to write a game for Windows Phone just for fun, of course however I am experienced with Unreal Engine 3 and 4 by now and I don't really want to switch to another engine and relearn everything again. So Epic Games said they'll support Windows Phone and RT sometime in the future (the statement was said in March 2014) so 6 months has passed and no peep about it was said. Of course I respect Tim's decision to do it last since let's be honest, the market shares aren't that great. But so far their iOS and Android versions are working fine

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...=windows+phone

Heck it's not even on their roadmap:
    https://trello.com/b/gHooNW9I/ue4-roadmap

So do you guys think I should just relearn a new engine or wait and see?
    09-18-2014 09:00 AM
    Sounds like it will be a while unless they surprise with some hidden Microsoft deal.

Other true cross platform engines exist, so probably worth looking at those.
    09-18-2014 09:06 AM
    I think they will support it in future but don't expect it anytime soon. I use Unity engine for mobile development, it is free and you don't have to pay any fees if you release commercial version of game, but my primary engine is UE which is way better. I don't think they will release it soon for Windows Phone but I'd like to see it on our platforms. :)
    09-22-2014 01:39 PM
    I'm using Unity too, but sadly most of the plugins don't work on new Universal 8.1 target. I really hope that UE will get wp support in future
    10-09-2014 04:18 PM