What are the things that the system check to identify that it needs an update ?

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
'am wondering ... what do the windows phone system check to Identify that update is needed ?? and how does it identify the firmware version ?? is there a pattern or sequence ??

& How does this happen in case of the Extra+Info Fake denim appearance ??

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I do not think the phone "knows" it needs a update. I think the phone "ask" ones a while "Microsoft" if there is an update. And "Microsoft" knows who is asking.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It checks microsofts servers periodically. Microsoft's servers see the phone model and the rom it is running which determines which updates it gets.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah right !! How does it recognize .. And how the bug of turning off PD and extra+info show denim and cyan when recheck it ?!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah right !! How does it recognize .. And how the bug of turning off PD and extra+info show denim and cyan when recheck it ?!

The phone has am I'd showing the model/build number and it shows the firmware number and build number as well as the os version (more than just 8.1). Denim is just the name it is known as. Denim, like all other firmware has a code representing it and its form (some phones get denim without certain features added since they don't have the hardware to take advantage of it. So even though they are all called denim, what it contains varies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion