Mogul Hardware Problems/Defect

blaylock1226

Apr 29, 2007
Visit site
Just wanted to let all you know who are interested in the mogul of a deal breaking hardware problem, at least for me that is. The directional pad is not just the worst in history as stated by some revewers such as cnet but it is just broken. Yes, a 100% factory defect that HTC refuses to alknowlege. The directional pad is not seated correctly over the microswitches under the pad. This results in the left and right movement hanging while producting a poping sound. You can forget about playing games with the pad. The pad also feel as though it may fall off at any second and it almost did with cnet. The up and down movement on the pad and the rest of the buttons are ok producing the usual tight clik feedback found on most devices such as the treo keyboard. However I am not about to pay 600 for such a lack of quality control. It would be diffrent if HTC acknowleged the problem and replaced the pad with one that works but instead they just want to replace the pad or unit via sprint with the same crappy mis-fitting pad. I am returning mine today and switching back to my treo 700wx:mad:.

Last edited:

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
After some usage, my directional pad now feels great. Just needs some time to soften some of the plastic/rubber.

EDIT: I do agree that the Treo700WX was almost perfect. Only if it had a bigger screen and was thinner... Oh well, all in all, I'm pretty happy with my new phone.

blaylock1226

Apr 29, 2007
Visit site
Does your directional pad hang or stick sometimes. After extensive searching on the net I have found this to be a very common problem. If some units are ok then I will most likely spend the rest of my life searching for one because other than my defective pad I love this pone. I have also noticed a slight red tone to the screen occurs each time the stylus is used have you also experienced this?

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Nope, I haven't seen any of the problems you are describing. I would swap our your unit for a new one.

I would keep looking. I love my mogul. I just found out how to stream almost any radio station in the U.S. So now I can listen to XM, FM and AM. Oh, and not to mention Slingbox.

TheMooch

Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
I rarely use the dpad as IMO it is too small and in an awkward position. It gets an occaisional press, but not much more.

I'd much rather be playing with the HTC Advantage demo that my company is evaluating right now. That little monster rocks. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)