Daily Wakeup Alarm

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I have to have an alarm with snooze with an easily accessed button to hit for snooze (I really got use to TreoAlarm). But, anyway, I found Spb Time that has the snooze feature I need (want). My problem was this morning it didn't go off until I turned the device on. Do I need to deselect, "Turn off device if not used for xxx minutes"? Does turning the device off place it in a sleep mode where some apps don't respond?

Thanks,

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
this is a bug in spb time. according to spb club, this will be fixed in the next update. I use this for my alarm. have used it for two years. I did like treoalarm as well.

it works for me because I use a desktop cradle to charge at night. this is on my bedside table. I love spb time for it's cool clock screensaver. when I wake in the middle of the night I can see what time it is. the wife has her alarm on the tv.

long story short.... spb time will work if it doesn't go in to stand by. either keep it on completely or just have the bcklight go of at the set time. I would suggest the cradle.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
this is a bug in spb time. according to spb club, this will be fixed in the next update. I use this for my alarm. have used it for two years. I did like treoalarm as well.

it works for me because I use a desktop cradle to charge at night. this is on my bedside table. I love spb time for it's cool clock screensaver. when I wake in the middle of the night I can see what time it is. the wife has her alarm on the tv.

long story short.... spb time will work if it doesn't go in to stand by. either keep it on completely or just have the bcklight go of at the set time. I would suggest the cradle.

Thanks, I keep it plugged in at night. I'll have the screen go dark, if it will go dark enough. I like it dark in a room. My wife is opposite so her side has some lights. Worst case, I turn it over until the next update.

Thanks,

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
Thanks, I keep it plugged in at night. I'll have the screen go dark, if it will go dark enough. I like it dark in a room. My wife is opposite so her side has some lights. Worst case, I turn it over until the next update.

Thanks,

i do belive that this will work.

go into settings/system/backlight. hit the "external power" tab and enable "turn off backlight if device is not used" and set a time limit.

then from that same screen tap the left softkey where is says "menu" then hit power. now select "advance" tab and make sure the under the "on external power" settings, the box that says "turn off device if not used" is UNCHECKED.

in english... you can have your backlight go off when charging but dont let your device go into sleep. the alarm has a problem waking the device when it needs to sound the alarm. it has no problem turning on the screen.

it nice that thay gave us different setting for "on battery" and "on external power". this is one way to use it.

Hope this helps, Cody

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
i do belive that this will work.

go into settings/system/backlight. hit the "external power" tab and enable "turn off backlight if device is not used" and set a time limit.

then from that same screen tap the left softkey where is says "menu" then hit power. now select "advance" tab and make sure the under the "on external power" settings, the box that says "turn off device if not used" is UNCHECKED.

in english... you can have your backlight go off when charging but dont let your device go into sleep. the alarm has a problem waking the device when it needs to sound the alarm. it has no problem turning on the screen.

it nice that thay gave us different setting for "on battery" and "on external power". this is one way to use it.

Hope this helps, Cody

That did the trick. Used it last night and the alarm worked exactly as I needed it to. I did have to cover the LED. Green is bright in a dark room.

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
That did the trick. Used it last night and the alarm worked exactly as I needed it to. I did have to cover the LED. Green is bright in a dark room.

give my 48 hours. i have almost completely killed the charging led as well as the status light. keep eye on the 'led killer' thread. i need to run a days worth of test before i release, but i think it's ready.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12