bt issues fixed... alltel ROM on sprint MOGUL

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
i have completely fix all bt issues. my mogul and jabrabt500 would never work with cyberon voice dial before today. plus a big difference in choppy sound and cutting out. night and day for me. others are posting the same results.

been using it (alltel ROM) for 24 hours now and love it. a few small changes like junkware but not a lot of big changes other than the keypad working with live search and on demand.

here is what you need and how to do it. if anything goes wrong you can aways go back to the sprint 2.09 version here.

first you need to download the titan unlocker found here must register to download. then download the alltel rom found here. there is a custom rom out there that has the alltel os with some sprint stuff, but as of right now most say thay are having problems with it. for example, 2 out of 10 programs are showing up in the "add remove program list". messaging app keeps loading onto screen.

after everything is downloaded conect ppc with pc through activesync. make sure you disable any and all screen saver and pc shutdown stuff before running. i would hate to see your computer shut off half way through a rom update. lol.

next, run the unlocker. after it finishes, without disconecting from activesync, run the alltel rom update. this is really to easy. not much of a tutoral. i just wanted to provide the links in one easy to find post.

here is a link to a thread about the alltel rom on sprint mogul for those who think I'm crazy. or for those who are scared. the biggest reason to install rom for me was to fix the darn BT. other than that not a big difference. still has the same memory leak. still has some junkware. the added alltel programs can be removed through the "add remove programs" though.

here is also a link to the sprint rom in case anyone wants to go back.

good luck and enjoy, cody

Last edited:

thejudge#WP

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm, using the Altel Rom update on a Sprint Mogul? That sounds interesting. What other things did the new Altel rom fix on your Sprint Mogul?

Standing by...

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
Hmmm, using the Altel Rom update on a Sprint Mogul? That sounds interesting. What other things did the new Altel rom fix on your Sprint Mogul?

Standing by...

mainly two things. bt fixed, and keypad fix. the keypad fix you can get by it self here. i bet that it is just a matter of time before someone pulls the bt part out of the alltel rom and cabs it up like thay did the fix for the key pad.

may thing is bluetooth. i was just about to go and by the blackberry 8830 for a month just to have working bluetooth dialing. then return it to get the htc vogue on nov 4th. i may have just save 4-500 bucks. i am in love with my mogul all over agian.

i work construction. winter months i have my phone under a pair of coveralls. i also have my hand dirty, greese, gluey, ect have the time. i dont want to get my mogul out everytime i get a call. sometimes i cant even get to it in time. this was a biggie for me.

stroths

Apr 16, 2006
Visit site
Here are some rough instructions I typed up in case you want to keep the Sprint radio, but update the ROM to the Alltel OS (this is what I did).

1. Add the Olipro bootloader (unlock) Hard-SPL - or Yadda-Yadda, click the thread - Titan Unlocker - PPCGeeks

2. Download ftp://ppcgeeks@up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/ImCoKeMaN/roms/RUU.rar and extract it to a directory on your PC.

3. Download ftp://ppcgeeks@up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/ImCoKeMaN/roms/Titan_2.14_OS.nbh and save it to the same directory you did for the files from step 2.

4. Rename Titan_2.14_OS.nbh to RUU_signed.nbh

5. Ensure your 6800 is plugged it via activesync and is at the Olipro boot loader screen. Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe (from step 2) from your PC and follow the prompts.

6. After update is successful, hard reset your 6800.

7. Enjoy

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
thanks stroths.

the only thing i would see as a plus in this one would be the sprint slash screen. the radio is newer in the alltel full rom and has worked perfect for me for over two days now.

i would like to try the alltel wm5 rom on the mogul. i think it would fix the memory issues since we didnt have a memory leak on wm5.

i do belive this is the wm5 alltel rom. i haven't tried it yet. want to finish the test on this ROM a few more days. i may not need to change. loving the mogal all over agian.

the wm5 alltel rom is in a rar file. i extracted it but dont know what to do with all the files. lol. unfortunately i left the 6700 just before everyone started getting the custom roms. went to the treo 700wx and missed out. must learn ROMs. lol. need to be ready for the kitchen.

cody

Last edited:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm new to changing ROM's on PPC. I'm flashed Palm ROMs constanly.

I just flashed the ROM to Alltel's ROM from OP. I really need better BT.

If I choose to change to the Sprint ROM for the Sprint splash screens as Stroths demonstrates, do you run the unlocker each time you flash a new ROM?

Thanks,

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I just wanted to follow-up on my BT after running the Alltel ROM update. I just called my wife and she didn't even know I was on my Jabra JX10 headset. Up until now, she would immediately start complaining that I was cutting in and out and it would sound like I was cutting her off when I was in a conversation with her. This time, I had to tell her I was using my headset.

The only thing I see besides the Alltel splash screen is there are Alltel settings in the connection settings. I had to change from Alltel to Sprint before my email and internet would work. This won't cause any issues will it?

Thanks for sharing this!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I must have done something wrong. I still have the Alltel splash screen.

The first time I flashed the flash process said I was flashing to 2.14.671.3
When I did it with Stroths instructions, it said 2.14_OS Only, but I still have the Alltel splash screen.

Edit: It just came to me, I need to flash back to the original Sprint ROM and then flash the ROM that Stroths wrote about. Of course, I would still have the Alltel splash screen since that's the ROM I have in the device. :eek:

Got the camera working after jacking with it for awhile. I want to do a clean install of all apps once I figure out where Pocket Quicken stores data files.

Last edited:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Anyone have any problem with there Moguls not turning on after running the Alltel flash? Twice today, my Mogul would not turn on.The lights were still flashing but it would not turn on or take any incoming calls. The only way to fix it was to soft reset.

The only other charge has been adding registry mod to show battery icon on Titlebar. I have taken that out to see if by any chance that was the culprit.

jddssc121

Oct 16, 2007
Visit site
Vista :>/

anybody get this to work on Vista via WMDC? I ran Titanunlocker, but trying to run the ROM update, it tells me it can't establish a connection:confused:

jddssc121

Oct 16, 2007
Visit site
didn't fix my bluetooth issue

so i finally got it installed (long story)

paired it with my car (07 Infiniti g35X)

had a smug smile waiting for it to work.

Made a call...........and it still sucks...i hear popcorn, callers don't hear me at all :cry:

sigh......i'm hopefully the OCT 22 update happens...and that it works...

kurioslives

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Greetings everyone,

I am totally new at all this smartphone stuff and I happen to run across a situation where I just bought a ppc 6800 only to find out that the smartphone was probably a Sprint Mogul to start with and someone flashed it with alltel. Now they get the roaming signal all the time and apparently this be the thread that discusses it in detail -

"So this guy (greg iser, his wife danita iser (ashbubvin)) are selling these on ebay. Ive managed to talk to him on the phone a couple times. He says the roaming indicator is on because Sprint's phones are programmed to look for 1800 mhz towers first, and 800mhz towers as a last resort. because alltel's network is 800 the phone will always say roaming no matter what SID you program into it or what PRL you put into it. NOTHING WILL CHANGE THIS, or so im told, by him and alltel! He is telling me that the fix for this will be a new driver, dll file he called it. Ive talked extensively to alltel and they agree that this sounds like a plausible explanation for why this darn thing says its roaming constantly. ALSO, alltel told me that even with all those settings programmed into our phones we will probably get charged for roaming, or they will red flag our accounts. all of this is just what im told and is for informational purposes only. i dont know any of this for a fact, just what ive been told.... "

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1294999&page=2&pp=15

I asked if I could get my money back - but I have my doubts. In the event that I am stuck with this Mogul, it sounds like, from this thread that codyppc got his sprint phone to work on alltel. But did anyone have a problem with the roaming, or...???

Thank you for your time,
kurioslives

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs