Just got Verizon's XV6800

pdub73

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Coming from the palm 700w you know i'm happy with the RAM...

I had the Samsung I760 for 2 days...I liked it but I didn't have the patience to get used to it...and the keyboard was a little cramped, I go to return it and wait for the 6800 when the manager comes out and says "were gettin a shipment in an hour if u want to wait for the 6800" hell yea!! ...the samsung actually has more ram and didnt lag when playing videos, had a couple of little features that I liked...but oh well...

so! can anyone tell me if the "ROMS" that are available for Sprints mogul are safe for the 6800? and is there going to be a fix for the video decoder problems...and I know i'm being greedy but is there a possibilty of increasing the RAM... Ram is like money...theres never enough!!!

eNNtOXX#WP

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Coming from the palm 700w you know i'm happy with the RAM...

I had the Samsung I760 for 2 days...I liked it but I didn't have the patience to get used to it...and the keyboard was a little cramped, I go to return it and wait for the 6800 when the manager comes out and says "were gettin a shipment in an hour if u want to wait for the 6800" hell yea!! ...the samsung actually has more ram and didnt lag when playing videos, had a couple of little features that I liked...but oh well...

so! can anyone tell me if the "ROMS" that are available for Sprints mogul are safe for the 6800? and is there going to be a fix for the video decoder problems...and I know i'm being greedy but is there a possibilty of increasing the RAM... Ram is like money...theres never enough!!!

Did you get that informatin yet? I :confused: am looking for confirmation on this as well. I too just purchased one of these bad boys & am a little skeptical on some of the cross model compatibility. since i am with VERIZON & they are known for lock ups & making certain things difficult. i.e. system os hacks & content access hacks.

pdub73

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
No I haven't gotten any input from the the guys here, maybe someone else already asked or answered the questions in another thread...but so far I haven't had any problems with BT compatibility, I paired 5 different headsets and they all worked...their sound quality varied on each one with the Moto H700 and the Plantronics Voyager 510 being the best...

The keyboard issue I had a problem with when I downloaded and tried out Yahoo's Go software...also if you have Bank of America, you cannot access their mobile website or their non-mobile site for that matter...even though the XV6800 is on their supported phone list...but thats not a big deal...just an inconveinence, the video I still haven't gotten any answers on, I figure it one of those "we know it isnt working right, we'll fix it soon" things...I'll post if I do hear any positive news though..

snowbound

Apr 2, 2006
Visit site
what little help I might provide

I am certain of this: I have yet to see a cell phone that could have a RAM memory consumer (or technician) upgrade like PCs, laptops, etc. Even if you could get the right chips and the circuit board had the proper traces and the upgrade chips did not change power consumption or heat dissipation characteristics (or a few other things I might bore you with), you would need to desolder and resolder some very delicate connections, and the reliability of such an upgrade, well it could be questionable.

As far as the XV6800 accepting a Mogul ROM, or vice-versa, I might suggest you google xda-developers. There's a bunch of people out there who are much more familiar with ROM modifications... quite impressive stuff.
Good luck!

pdub73

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
I got the info...

Did you get that informatin yet? I :confused: am looking for confirmation on this as well. I too just purchased one of these bad boys & am a little skeptical on some of the cross model compatibility. since i am with VERIZON & they are known for lock ups & making certain things difficult. i.e. system os hacks & content access hacks.

PPCGEEKS.COM everything u need is there...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3