Just got my Mogul and I'm trying to get used to it.

One of the first things I wanted to fix was the crazy delay in logging into comcast's mail.

Disappointingly, the reg. hack for improving the log in speed for Comcast didn't work. When I tried the ForceOffSSL dword reg. hack and it prevented me from being able to log into Comcast at all.

I just don't get why VersaMail can do this on a Palm Treo and this highpowered application can't....

Ugh... It's silly that it takes 2-3 minutes to connect and then log into comcast...

I'm not sure why the reg. hack didn't work....
    12-20-2007 09:34 AM
    Just got my Mogul and I'm trying to get used to it.

One of the first things I wanted to fix was the crazy delay in logging into comcast's mail.

Disappointingly, the reg. hack for improving the log in speed for Comcast didn't work. When I tried the ForceOffSSL dword reg. hack and it prevented me from being able to log into Comcast at all.

I just don't get why VersaMail can do this on a Palm Treo and this highpowered application can't....

Ugh... It's silly that it takes 2-3 minutes to connect and then log into comcast...

I'm not sure why the reg. hack didn't work....
    If you have Comcast, they now offer a mobile version of their site

m.comcast.net

I checked it out and it's not too bad. You don't get the automatic syncing offered thru the regular messaging set up, but at least it workable.

I use my Gmail account to send my email to my 6800. I forward a copy of all my Comcast mail to it and it's set up on my phone to check every 5 minutes. Not real time, but better than nothin ;)
    02-19-2008 12:47 AM
    I am going to do an official of comcast's new mobile center. I played with it for a little bit, and even though it is not through an email client, it might be able to get you by.
    02-22-2008 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD