Comcast reg hack didn't work...

gottspd

Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Just got my Mogul and I'm trying to get used to it.

One of the first things I wanted to fix was the crazy delay in logging into comcast's mail.

Disappointingly, the reg. hack for improving the log in speed for Comcast didn't work. When I tried the ForceOffSSL dword reg. hack and it prevented me from being able to log into Comcast at all.

I just don't get why VersaMail can do this on a Palm Treo and this highpowered application can't....

Ugh... It's silly that it takes 2-3 minutes to connect and then log into comcast...

I'm not sure why the reg. hack didn't work....

NKT

Dec 20, 2007
Visit site
Just got my Mogul and I'm trying to get used to it.

One of the first things I wanted to fix was the crazy delay in logging into comcast's mail.

Disappointingly, the reg. hack for improving the log in speed for Comcast didn't work. When I tried the ForceOffSSL dword reg. hack and it prevented me from being able to log into Comcast at all.

I just don't get why VersaMail can do this on a Palm Treo and this highpowered application can't....

Ugh... It's silly that it takes 2-3 minutes to connect and then log into comcast...

I'm not sure why the reg. hack didn't work....

If you have Comcast, they now offer a mobile version of their site

m.comcast.net

I checked it out and it's not too bad. You don't get the automatic syncing offered thru the regular messaging set up, but at least it workable.

I use my Gmail account to send my email to my 6800. I forward a copy of all my Comcast mail to it and it's set up on my phone to check every 5 minutes. Not real time, but better than nothin ;)

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
I am going to do an official of comcast's new mobile center. I played with it for a little bit, and even though it is not through an email client, it might be able to get you by.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss