verizon mogul not receiving calls while in sleep mode

htcmogul

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I am having a huge problem with my verizon 6800. While in sleep mode the phone will not receive calls. When I wake the phone up I then receive all calls i missed. This issue has also occured with the phones alarm as well-- in the morning the alarm does not activate until the phone is taken out of sleep mode. I have returned the phone twice for this issue and have had the problem with absolutely no 3rd party apps installed. I would appreciate any feedback from those who have experienced the same problems or might know what the problem is. Verizon has stated that this is not a common problem and thinks it is a bios issue.

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
first of all WELCOME TO WMEXPERTS!!!!

I have not heard of the phone not answering in sleep mode yet. I will snoop around and see what I can find out on that.

As for the alarm that is a known issue with WM.

htcmogul

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
You and I only???

I have had my post on this site for months now. You are the only person who responded having the same issue. I have exchenged this phone five times; each one having the same problem: once taken out of standby mode it rings. The only fix for it seems to be a once a day soft reset-which isn't a big deal, but is still annoying. Following my most recent exchange, i hesitated for three days before i installed any 3rd party apps. Yet, this error still occured. Thus, I don't think it's caused by the myriad programs i use..eg: Sirius wm5, slingbox, skunkworks, and google maps. The only two farfetched ideas I have is a defective memory card or not charging the phone with the supplied charger.

Yuniverse

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
mine's doing the same thing

I have mogul with Sprint, which has not been flashed with the new rom(march), yet.
I also run into that same critical bug time to time. So, as you have mentioned, i soft reset every night before charging(which btw, is with the original supplied charger).

I blamed it on WM... 'microsoft, what did i expect?'

Well, i don't know what the problem is, but i hope the new rom would fix it.

xdalaw

Jul 12, 2006
Visit site
I've been using the newest (sort-of-released) ROM for a week or so. I was experiencing this issue for the first time since having my Mogul and the last two official ROMS.

I shortened the delay in rings via the registry and it seems to have helped me. Might want to check it out.

Courtesy of PPCGEEKS:

-----------------------------------------------------

19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

-----------------------------------------------------

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss