Any Info on New ROM- WM6.1 and SprintTV Update ? Version 3.56.651.0

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
I installed it last week.....but I think I it has issues. I say I think, because I have not had a moment to trouble shoot if the updated ROM is the actual culprit or to double check the forums so see if I am along in this.

Usually when I update to a new ROM I play with a "clean" upgrade for a day or so to see if I notice any issues. I had to leave right away on the road for work so this time I loaded the ROM followed immediately by most of the software I would want on the road....including several new Software titles I am reviewing for WM Experts.

So, here is the problem I am facing....programs or vital parts of the OS (i.e. services) will crash at random or when being loaded. This could be a bug with the new ROM that has been well documented across the net, simply a bad install of the new ROM, a conflict with one of the new software packages I installed (as both of them run at all times), or any combination of any of the above. I just haven't had a chance to really look at it at all.

Hopefully I can have some downtime tomorrow as this is really kind of frustrating at the moment.

The good side is, I like the 6.1 version as a whole. It seems to manage my memory bettter (which any improvement with HTC short sheeting the memmory on the Mogul is a big help), it is pretty snappy in it's response time, etc...

thejudge#WP

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hobbes,

Thank you for the feedback. I've looked around at other forums, but have not seen and Pros & Cons posted. Rather people who have had install issues.

Typically, I wait a few weeks to see how others fair with the new Roms before I do the install myself. As you said, there is a lot of time involved to reinstall all of the programs and settings. I don't mind experimenting on a PC with new set ups, but I have only one phone :D

Keep us posted on how you come along with the new Rom.

thejudge#WP

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Update

Ok, I could not find anyone that had anything to say about the quality of this rom update. I finally installed it last weekend.

Went well. Took 24 minutes before a progress bar appeared on the PC and the phone, but hen it finished in under 5 more minutes.

Installed my usual programs: SPB Shell and Backup, Oxios Kill, Slick IM, Windows Home Server Mobile (totally cool-to connect to my WHS share folders), Google Maps, and BackCountry GPS Mapping software.

Everything works just as usual. Google maps and BackCountry GPS works great with the built in GPS chip. I use both for Geocaching.

Memory usage seems a bit better. Sometimes my caller ID does not work with my contacts when they call in. But over all it works well. Personally, I've found no reason to bother with the update...so don't rush out to do so.

Pasamaquody

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I just got the xv6800. I live near Seattle.Is there anyone nearby that can help me load the new ROM. I am looking to use it for the GPS functions it will allow.... Interesting site... Thanks I have learned alot already..

DrDoom#WP

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I installed this past weekend, and right away have noticed two things. Opera 9.5 beta (which I had NO trouble with on the previous version) hangs quite often when launched, be it launched from the hard button, or using the Google search app I have on my home screen. And two, the battery is being eaten alive. I do have third party programs on their, including Seven for email synchronization, but nothing I didn't have before, and yet the batter is going dead halfway through my day. No one else has experienced this?
Truthfully, I've been coveting the Touch Diamond anyway, so this may all be moot, but in the meantime thought I'd share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon