Losing all hard key response -ideas?

Muirwoody

Apr 14, 2007
Visit site
After years of Palm Pilots/Clies/and Treos I finally went WM 6.1 after breaking my 700p last week. My Verizon XV6800 seems to have a bug, or I have a setting wrong somewhere. All of my hard keys (Comm manager/camera/talk/end/voice dial/internet/email) go dead routinely. The only ones that keep working are power off/on, jog dial/ and 5-way button. Soft re-sets don't recall them. The only thing that seems to work is to turn the unit full-off, then back on. Then, recovery is about 50% of the time, but only for an hour or so. It's a new unit with only Kinoma Play and Newsbreak on it, but it happens when they aren't active (and YES -completely shut down - not just "x'd out" No "lock button settings" activated. Processor % shows about 55%. The fact that they work sometimes implies a software setting problem or conflict, etc, but I can't figure out what. Any ideas. Thanks

seanskills

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I just got the same thing with mine but i think it is a hardware prob. Because a I did a full removal and reset of wm 6.1 and still get nothing. I was looking for some answers also. Did you get any?

Muirwoody

Apr 14, 2007
Visit site
I haven't had this problem lately. It lasted about 2 weeks after I got the device. I can't attribute the improvement to anything I did. It just started behaving. Good luck.

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Anyone every find an answer on this? My Sprint Mogul just started doing this this morning. The interesting thing is that if I slide the keyboard out, the left and right soft keys on the keyboard will work even though the soft keys on the front of the device will not. I've also experienced the d-pad on the front working and not working intermittently. Another odd thing is that the camera will start itself up occasionally. I'm thinking something's loose somewhere. I'm going to stop by the Sprint repair center that's on my way home this afternoon and I'll see what they say.

EDIT:Well apparently yhe repair guy has seen this problem a few times. Looked at it for a couple of minutes and said he'd order a replacement.

Last edited:

Muirwoody

Apr 14, 2007
Visit site
John_V...a replacement what? entire unit or certain part? Mine will still start doing this again occasionally. Glad when my contract is up in September and can get a new phone, although I really like this one when it's behaving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon