Dish Network makes $25.5-billion bid for Sprint

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That's quite the bid. Unfortunately, I see this benefiting Dish more than consumer. While I'm no fan of the SoftBank deal, at least there's the possibility that SoftBank would allow Sprint to keep unlimited data and low prices. I see all that vanishing if Dish takes over Sprint.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That's quite the bid. Unfortunately, I see this benefiting Dish more than consumer. While I'm no fan of the SoftBank deal, at least there's the possibility that SoftBank would allow Sprint to keep unlimited data and low prices. I see all that vanishing if Dish takes over Sprint.

Dish has a lot of hurdles to jump in the federal side of things, especially when they will get some major opposition from every owner of broadcast stations in the country which Dish has been in dispute for retransmission consent agreements for over two years. That alone raises red flags from the FCC, FTC, DOJ, and SEC.

I understand Softbank's deal is not the cup of tea for some here, but their offer gives investor full cash value plus about 8 billion dollars of cashflow Sprint may need to have Network Vision/LTE deployment completed at a faster pace than what is projected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)