Do you think a Microsoft owned Nokia will make phones for Sprint?

Strings78

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Assuming that the Nokia purchase goes through, what are the odds that Sprint will be receiving one of their newly minted Microsoft/Nokia phones sometime in the next year or so?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Man I hope not. JK. I suspect the answer is multifaceted. What I suspect Microsoft wants to do is what it has always done and that is to build quality products for the masses. What sprint had done is create ill will towards Microsoft and specifically, Windows Phone. If the two companies can agree, I'm sure Microsoft would have no problem moving product through sprint. Many on sprint want these phones, if only sprint would respect its customer base.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
They will make devices for Sprint if they show interest. That's what I like about both MSFT and Nokia. They have no silly ego's to hold them back. If it will make some profit they will make it.

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
This was one of the first things I thought about after hearing the news. Have ATT at work but still have my personal phone with sprint.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think MS/Nokia was ever against making phones for Sprint. I think Sprint is just against carrying Windows Phone.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Bingo. Nokia and Sprint were in talks, but Nokia walked away because Sprint wouldn't agree to undertake even the most minimal promotional efforts.

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love Sprint unlimited but I couldn't bear not having a decent choice of windows phones! I hope Sprint will sell the Microsoft/Nokia phones in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro