SanDisk 32 GB microSDHC Card infers that its optimized for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond Lavertue

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
A SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I Card that I ordered to use with my Microsoft Lumia 640 finally arrived today.

Under the name/type of card on the front of the package it states:

"Ideal for Android (TM) -powered and other smartphones and tablets"

And there on the package, waving from behind card adapter, is the "Android robot." The "Android robot" is also on the back of the package, in a row of logos or symbols that include the ones for SDHC and micro SDHC I cards.

Did I miss the news and Google now owns SanDisk? Is this card in anyway optimized for Android devices? Surely not. Did Android pay SanDisk to infer that it was? Is that the inference? Why is the "Android robot" there but not the Apple logo, the Windows logo, or any digital camera company's logo for that matter? I find this privileging of Android on what should be a neutral, independent product disturbing. Did anyone else notice this or have a similar response? I'm returning the microSDHC card.

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
3 things.

• People are stupid
  • This will help them sell more of their SD cards because people know they have an Android phone and will see the Android logo, i.e. they go with familiarity
  • Returning it based off those reasons is childish

Raymond Lavertue

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
You summed it up nicely. I may be childishly idealistic but I can't give my money to a company that blatantly attempts to lure people with a misrepresentation. I know my returning one card means nothing in the grand scheme of corporate behavior, but keeping it would haunt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon