HDMI MHL - Does this work for continuum on phones?

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I am considering purchasing this HP Envy 34c monitor https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...t.com%2Fen-us%2Fstore%2Fb%2Fpc&token=lgBc0J5c and in the specification one thing is MHL for one of the HDMI ports. In watching a review on YouTube, someone was saying a phone can be plugged in to this port and the phone screen can project onto the monitor, but used an Android phone as an example. Does anyone think/know if continuum could display the pc-like experience to this monitor using this port, and eliminate the need for the display dock/miracast dongle? BTWnI was thinking about plugging in a mouse/keyboard directly to the monitor as it has USB 3.0 ports and using my phone that way if possible.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Any monitor or HDTV with HDMI ports can be used with Continuum via HDMI cable or a wireless display adapter. I'm not sure if the USB ports on the monitor will control the phone. You will need a USB-C to HDMI dongle on the phone to use a cable and most come with a female USB port and a USB-C port to charge the phone while in use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss