Should I give into my temptation?

YensonPD

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
My husband just bought a surface laptop 2 i7. I used it yesterday to do some stuff because I forgot my laptop at the office. Oh my goodness, it is the best laptop I have ever used in my life. I'm so tempted to go get one now.

As a technophile, I have to constantly remind myself to not give into my temptations.

Should I go get one or not?

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you need the performance bump of the 8gen intel proc? Cause there are some decent sales on the Surface Laptop 1.

No matter what, it will only be a couple hundred dollars difference. I will never forgive myself for not getting the latest just to have a couple hundred discount.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
No matter what, it will only be a couple hundred dollars difference. I will never forgive myself for not getting the latest just to have a couple hundred discount.
, in my country the sale was about 25% and it had an Iris Plus 640, which is quite a bit faster than the igpu of the new Laptop 2 (handy for 3d programs etc). Plus you will only really benefit from the 8gen cpu if you either multitask a lot or use programs that make usage of multithreading, since the i7-7660U's single core speed is not too shabby at all. :)

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
, in my country the sale was about 25% and it had an Iris Plus 640, which is quite a bit faster than the igpu of the new Laptop 2 (handy for 3d programs etc). Plus you will only really benefit from the 8gen cpu if you either multitask a lot or use programs that make usage of multithreading, since the i7-7660U's single core speed is not too shabby at all. :)

Good point. But the screen on the 2 is so much better than the 1.

Also, I like to program.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
My husband just bought a surface laptop 2 i7. I used it yesterday to do some stuff because I forgot my laptop at the office. Oh my goodness, it is the best laptop I have ever used in my life. I'm so tempted to go get one now.

As a technophile, I have to constantly remind myself to not give into my temptations.

Should I go get one or not?

The suspense is killing me!!! did you or did you not? To be SP or not to be?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills