Charging over USB-C?

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty confused on usb-c charging in general with all the standards and what not, but will the surface laptop 3 be able to charge over the usb-c port? All I could gather was the new fast charging is through the surface connector, but will we be able to charge through usb c as well?

I really just want to be able to carry one charger for my laptop and phone, even if that means it's charging at a slow rate.

I don't even care about the lack of thunderbolt 3 anymore since eGPUs are still so expensive.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
How about buying a USB to USB C cable, short, and then using the Surface charger's USB port to charge your phone and/or machine (Not that you'd need that as you'd have the charger with you. We seem to be finding reasons to do x, or y, with option z being right in front of us.

You can then use the short cable to attach your phone to the Surface, for document access etc.

I've carried one charger for years, to charge my phone and Surface. The Surface charger.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's not a bad solution, but does the surface fast charge an android phone?

In any case looks like the surface laptop 3 will in fact charge over usb-c based on the reviews. I think it's great that it has two charging options- because the surface dock still works and users have a choice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss