Surface Laptop Waiting Room!

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I know there's burgundy and cobalt blue as well. But most colours are thoroughly sold out, from what I heard.

I don't think they are sold out I just don't think they are offering the utter colours over here in the uk there no options to pick the other colours at all.

I've reached out to MS but haven't had any response at all

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Last edited:

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
This tells the story of colors available for "certain specs"

http://m.windowscentral.com/surface-laptops-4-colors-only-available-single-model-us

Every color is only available for this model only:
"i5-7200U 8GB/256GB model."

Platinum is the only color available for any speced Surface Laptop.

This is absolutely ridiculous!! Why show all these colours then limit them to just the US and 1 sku!!

I'm sitting here ready to preorder right now yet the colour I want isn't available here in the UK

I've literally returned my surface pro 4 ready for this

I'm so not happy right now!!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
This is absolutely ridiculous!! Why show all these colours then limit them to just the US and 1 sku!!

I'm sitting here ready to preorder right now yet the colour I want isn't available here in the UK

I've literally returned my surface pro 4 ready for this

I'm so not happy right now!!

Right?!
I wanted to get the burgundy color with maxed out specs but I can't even do that, as I need powerful hardware and I would like a nice design and color to go with it.

Hopefully Microsoft changes that in the soon future, they might be doing this to focus on what regular consumers buy which is the mid speced version... I'm not too sure but I wish Microsoft will fix this.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Right?!
I wanted to get the burgundy color with maxed out specs but I can't even do that, as I need powerful hardware and I would like a nice design and color to go with it.

Hopefully Microsoft changes that in the soon future, they might be doing this to focus on what regular consumers buy which is the mid speced version... I'm not too sure but I wish Microsoft will fix this.

It the mid spec I cruelly want but to limit the choice to jut the US is not acceptable I feel. Hopefully they change their mind before lunch.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Other than it being a "Surface" why would someone chose this over something like the Dell XPS 13?

Dell XPS 13 is a nice device. But it has no touch screen and I don't like its dark-based body colour. It's just not as sexy as Surface Laptop.

There are quite many good looking Windows laptops these years but they still don't look as good as Surface Laptop. Just like the 2-in-1 clones - I still prefer SP4, which looks the best.

If we don't care the look there are certainly many choices.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Dell XPS 13 is a nice device. But it has no touch screen and I don't like its dark-based body colour. It's just not as sexy as Surface Laptop.

There are quite many good looking Windows laptops these years but they still don't look as good as Surface Laptop. Just like the 2-in-1 clones - I still prefer SP4, which looks the best.

If we don't care the look there are certainly many choices.

Actually the XPS 13 may or may not have a touch screen they have different models. The non 2 in 1 models are mostly non touch but the most expensive one is touch screen and ALL the 2 in 1 models including the base 999 model are touch.

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
There's room for all. I think healthy competition between Apple and Microsoft has brought some amazing devices. Do I hope Microsoft continues to be very successful with their innovative products? Yes yes I do.

gchand05

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm totally keen to get one for the wife. She has a 2012 MBP. She's not that keen on mucking around in OS stuff so a simple windows 10S is great for her.

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Other than it being a "Surface" why would someone chose this over something like the Dell XPS 13?

dell xps series is nice. but to my bible study leader, majority of the windows devices just don't look as good as her macbook air.

she knows pretty much jack about computers other than "look how pretty!". if i show her the surface laptop in burgundy and tell her it is estimated to last over 14 hours without having to be plugged in, well... I'm sure if she'd been in the market for a new computer, she would choose it over the xps.

outside of these tech forums, I'm guessing there's plenty of people who make decisions on similar line of reasoning.

i don't question those people nor do i necessarily condone/understand those lines of reasoning. it is what it is. to each their own.

May 15, 2017
Visit site
There's room for all. I think healthy competition between Apple and Microsoft has brought some amazing devices. Do I hope Microsoft continues to be very successful with their innovative products? Yes yes I do.

competition is good. mac and windows, and even chromeOS, each have their own pros and cons. look at what the competition is doing well, and learn from it. look at what the competition is not doing well, and find an opportunity to innovate there. ultimately, and hopefully, the consumer benefits from it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3