Sooooo, are you going to buy the Surface Laptop or what?

Kravina

May 12, 2017
Visit site
But any other program than Edge and Offices won't be available on the system it comes with. Heck, even the Office in the Store isn't fully functional.

MoggyMisc

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
I would have bought one if my PC weren't a new SP4. I used to have a normal laptop from 2009 - 2012, and bought SP1 in 2013, and switched to SP4 because SP1 was broken. As a university/graduate student, I have enjoyed my life with 2-in-1 taking notes with pens on the slate, but I haven't yet decided whether 2-in-1 is the best form of PC for me. I could have give a try to the return to "normal" laptop.

Trader05

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm very interested in having one but the price is definitely the hard decision choice. These are on par with Macbook Pro pricing. I would of loved to see a discrete GPU with these at this price point.

JohnnyRedLight

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I don't think so. I REALLY like the look of it and the Surface Brand in general but I just (2 months ago) bought a HP Spectre x360. I use it in tablet mode 33.33% of the time so I don't think a regular laptop would meet my needs.

And now I have tasted OLED (Bought the 2016 Skylake refresh version), I don't think I can go back to LCD.

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm not the target market since I already own the Surface and so 2-in-1 is my preferred form factor right now. The cobalt blue is piercing my heart very hard though.

overboard08

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to have to get hands-on with one. I love my Pro 4, it's served me well over the past 16 months. But being married, two kids, serving on active duty, AND working on my masters online, I've been wondering lately if the 2-in-1 form factor is the right way to go for me. I'm usually doing my homework after the kids go to bed and it's just me and the wife in bed or on the couch watching TV. The tablet form factor has been nice, being able to highlight notes across different apps like Drawboard for PDFs (I'm eagerly awaiting the annotating web notes feature to finally come to Edge!). I would have to feel the laptop device to see if the weight and form factor would be better or not based on how I'm using my device. I would need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (50 bucks? sure, shut up and take my money) for Win32 programs so that's not necessarily a deal breaker for me. My Pro 4 configuration is the i5/4GB RAM, and honestly now that I've started my masters, I'm finding 4GB of RAM is pushing it. I never used to have more than a few tabs or other programs running at the same time (Edge with 3-4 tabs, outlook 2016, Groove if I was listening to music and maybe one or two social media apps). But now I'm pushing 10-12 tabs open in Edge, Drawboard PDF, OneNote 2016, Word 2016 and maybe PowerPoint 2016 all open usually at the same time.

Like I said, I need to feel the laptop form factor and see if I really need to jump ship and I can sacrifice the slate/tablet form factor for how I'm doing schoolwork.

slbailey1

Sep 3, 2006
Visit site
I was going to buy the Surface Laptop this year, but repairs to my house is having putting the purchase off until next year.

I was going to buy the i7/8gb/512 ssd version.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Not If I can win it in the great Windows Central Surface Laptop giveaway instead :evil:

But If I'm ever going to buy a new surface device, I'd go with the Surface book. I would just hate to go back to a traditional laptop form factor after using a detachable for years. I just wish it can support external GPUs other than the Performance base so it can reach the minimum requirements for this fall's mixed reality headsets.

norir82

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is the Surface device I've been waiting for, well not waiting as I've purchased a new Surface every year. Still, I'm pumped about this traditional style laptop. I have no use for the GPU in my Surface Book and am looking forward to the integrated Iris graphics in the Surface Laptop. For my business setup it will be the ideal product.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720