Would anyone buy a refreshed Surface Pro 4 When there is A Surface Laptop???

Harshal Ghuge

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I mean Surface Pro 4 has its advantage of being a portable machine while Surface Laptop is a traditional Laptop, which most of the people prefer. So will surface laptop affect the Surface Pro lineup?

Last edited:

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I mean Surface Pro 4 has its advantage of being a portable machine while Surface Laptop is a traditional Laptop, which most of the people prefer. So will surface laptop affect the Surface Pro lineup?

I will answer only to what your title asks.......
Would anyone buy a refreshed Surface Pro 4 When there is A Surface Laptop???

My answer : Yes, if it is cheaper than or same cost as the Surface Laptop.
My choice is not necessarily logical or even reasonable. Just my personal preference.

pischk

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I would as they are totally different from the Surface Laptop and depending on the specs, could literally blow the Surface laptop out of the water. Again, what are you looking for?

shafiqjetha

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I could see myself using the Surface Pro while standing on the train, but I can't do that with my current non-convertible laptop, nor would I be able to with a Surface Laptop.
I think they both have their place, and this is more about choice than about one device necessarily being "better" than the other.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I think they're kind of looking at different markets to be honest. They're filling a space they didn't really occupy before which is a good thing. I love my SP4 so I would absolutely be interested in a refresh depending on things. I love the design, the portability, the pen, all of it.

Attic Muse

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
They still serve different purposes and use cases, so yeah I could see people -- myself included -- buying a refreshed Surface Pro instead.

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I think a refreshed surface pro 4 would be nice. I think they can continue to improve the touch cover and make it bundled with the surface pro 4 it would make for a cool refresh at a discounted price.

anon(9439980)

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Well it all depends on what people looking for. Surface Pro 4 is more powerful than the Surface Laptop, and some people like/need the 2-in-1 functions of the Surface. Also, refurbished devices are usually cheaper, meaning those who might of not have been able to afford Surface Pro 4 brand new might be able to afford a refurbished model.

;)

spaceOpia1

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure if you try to draw on a laptop screen that has no possibility of being placed horizontally, you might look at the Surface Pro differently.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Laptop is a very nice device but I still do prefer Pro 4 because of the portability and because it's a tablet, 2-in-1 and sometimes that's what I need more rather than laptop.

Lindalin360

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I would. I like the diversity of the surface 4. I do photography so to be able to switch from laptop to tablet benefits more than traditional laptop.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
IDK, I really like the tablet side of my Surface, however, as minor as it is, the larger screen of the Notebook would be nice. I think in the end though, I'd go with a refreshed Surface Pro.

XinYu1981

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I think these are two different devices with a bit different usages. The laptop is more for working on it. The Surface Pro is also good for media consumtion in tablet mode or for creative stuff and working with the pen.

arvinsr

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The Laptop looks great! However, I don't think one can fully utilize the screen and pen capabilities with the latest Windows 10 updates with a 'limited' movement screen. I have the SP4 and use it extensively to write on it. The laptop may not fulfill that purpose.

Darcer

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I was planning to buy a Surface Pro 5 with Kaby Lake and support for eGPUs. Mostly because I do video editing and now I have a portable device with pen support (Surface Pro 4), and a custom PC (with GTX1080).

I thought I would sell both, move the GTX1080 to an external GPU enclosure, and I would have a very good setup.

Well, seems like that's not happening. At least I get to keep my money. :D

meriniserik

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I'd rather Suface Laptop than Surface Pro 4 because I'm use to have a laptop, and the design of the Surface Laptop is so beautiful.

It's doesn't matter if I cannot intall applications for desktop, Windows Store is full of useful applications like Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Native applications, Netflix, Minecraft,...

:)

ians18

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Surface Pro has a kickstand that can be put at any angle for inking (extremely useful). Plus the cameras and the resolution of the display are higher on the Pro. Just add a USB-C port in place of the Mini DP, increase battery life, and they're golden.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05