05-20-2017 08:34 PM
51 123
tools
    It does not sync history, bookmarks etc to my phone. Chrome, Firefox and Opera do. Unless they release Edge on Android I won't consider it.
    05-16-2017 07:52 AM
    Edge has improved a lot with the Creators Update and it's a lot faster and reliable than it was. However it doesn't always work exactly as I want it to work with pages that still use a lot of Adobe Flash, but other than that I'm totally fine with it and don't even bother using Chrome or Firefox.
    05-16-2017 07:56 AM
    For me, Edge would need to be cross platform. I use them all: Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, W10M.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-16-2017 08:27 AM
    For me, Edge would need to be cross platform. I use them all: Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, W10M.
    iOS and Android might be on the cards one day (doubt it'll be soon, MS is way busy).
    05-16-2017 10:17 AM
    It is still lacking. They need to put it on Store and start a faster update cycle.
    CraigCole likes this.
    05-16-2017 12:25 PM
    You just need to look at the usage stats to get the answer to this...
    05-17-2017 05:04 AM
    I like the new Edge we have now, it's definitely far more usable than in the past. On my Surface Pro 4 I use it exclusively, it's a great travelling companion when you need to do some reading online and touch friendly! Anyway, for work I still use Google Chrome especially because it's much more stable when working with tabs. In Edge I keep struggling when trying to move the tabs around, moving them in to a separate window etc. Edge sometimes just shutdown just in case. And I don't mean 20-30 tabs but just 4-5.
    05-17-2017 10:43 AM
    Edge is not perfect, scorlling in some webpages is weird, the default new tab screen isn't as attractive as it could be, but it's fast, doesn't use a lot of battery or memory and it doesn't fill with crap every time you install any exe.
    05-17-2017 11:31 AM
    As much as i love some or almost all Microsoft products, this one in particular, in my personal opinion, its far behind the competitors, i try edge, but i end up using Chrome, even Opera, more than Edge... Most of the time, the extensions, random rebots, constant freezes.
    CraigCole likes this.
    05-17-2017 11:45 AM
    Since getting my surface pro 4 I've kept with Edge. I downloaded chrome for one or two sites but I don't really visit them so chrome has gone and I'm sitting proud with edge.
    05-17-2017 12:13 PM
    Same here. That's why I don't use Edge but use Chrome and Firefox.
    05-17-2017 04:09 PM
    Honestly, it is the only browser I use. I adopted it right from the start and I really have had no problems with it. Granted, I am not the type who has a zillion plugins and have customized the crap out of my browser, but I think I would be correct in saying that my very basic usage pattern represents the vast majority of browser users. Most people don't install plugins and do custom stuff. Most people don't even know where to find the fricken setttings. Most have no idea what a plugin is.
    05-17-2017 04:16 PM
    As much as I love Windows 10, Edge is still far from Chrome unfortunately. I tried running Edge as my main browser but websites like Google Search sometimes go white for a few seconds then the web page suddenly appears. It's just so annoying that I decided to go back to Chrome. Many say it's the web page/site that has the problem but as I've said, if Chrome can do it why can't Edge do the same? I'm certain however after a few weeks of using Edge, Chrome is more resource eater especially on video streaming sites, browser-based games, etc. This is all based on my actual personal usage and impression when using the browsers.
    05-17-2017 05:29 PM
    edge is now reliable enough for me. I just want my bookmarks to sync with my android phone. i can't get by without that.
    05-17-2017 06:00 PM
    Edge is my main browser, I still use Chrome occasionally. On my phone I use the Samsung browser instead of Chrome.

Edge seems to work for me significantly better than Chrome on my Atom powered Asus Transformer, I like the ability to draw on websites with my Surface, so I began using it as my primary.
    05-17-2017 08:28 PM
    MS edge is a good browser, if I compare MS edge with firefox in html5test.com is almost same!
    05-19-2017 08:17 AM
    I think it can be a great option. I use it but not as frequently as I would like. There are things that don't work properly in it that's why I use others. I tend to have multiple browsers in use, be it for work or home.
    05-19-2017 11:36 AM
    Chrome is still my daily driver. It has its issues, but I find it faster and noticeably more reliable than Edge. Also, why are some connectivity settings still handled in IE?
    05-19-2017 12:14 PM
    IE and Edge are different in many respects. One of the reasons you can still load through IE at times. MS has done well with Edge. Many websites are trying to keep outdated code in their process which makes Edge more restrictive still. Google, Mozilla, etc aren't as restrictive, yet. But they're trying. Again, MS is pitting themselves against Apple mainly, so most of what they're doing is to try to take away from Apple.
    05-19-2017 12:34 PM
    I have uninstalled Edge like a year back. It kept giving me a lot of problems. since then I only use Edge and may be the occasional Firefox for things that edge sucks at
    but frankly speaking I'm pretty satisfied
    05-19-2017 02:49 PM
    Edge is pretty cool. It's still not as mature as Chrome or Firefox in UX though. Stuff like little niceties like being able to middle-click on the back button...
    05-19-2017 03:26 PM
    Yeah I noticed the youtube ads thing. It just seems to sneak through any ad-blocker I've used. Let me try adguard, might end up getting more data savings (mobile data user here :P )
    05-20-2017 03:08 AM
    Edge is great but undoubtedly it still has some ground to cover to meet up with Firefox. Features such as importing passwords and synchronising certain info across devices is still missing
    05-20-2017 09:03 AM
    It's interesting to hear about how many of you are satisfied with Edge... some of you even consider it to be the best browser! Most people I know still use Chrome exclusively and then Firefox as a backup. If Microsoft can use this new laptop to show that Edge can be absolutely brilliant on the right devices, then I think it could overtake Chrome and Firefox. If Windows 10 S is a bust (and that remains to be seen as it's not out yet) then I think Edge falls with it and Microsoft will have to push it again somehow in the future.
    05-20-2017 09:23 AM
    hello. i enjoy using edge most of the time. there are some websites i go to where for some reason edge will not ask if i want to save my username and password, so every time i go to the website i have to type my info in. if that got fixed, and if enpass came to edge as an extension, i will be very pleased with edge. i use it exclusively, but occasionally i have minor frustrations.
    05-20-2017 07:52 PM
51 123