Will the Surface laptop have enough gaming power?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend anything related to the surface line to gamers. Light gaming; meh maybe, but hardcore graphic-hungry games? NEIN

Asrade

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Well, I have played 'Wolfenstein' in the old days using a PC empowered with external graphics card. In those days, graphics capability of most laptops was below standard and need to be upgraded to play games. However, the Surface astonished me because of it capability, particularly what it offers in terms of its graphics/ resolution capability. Perhaps, it's the best and well equiped laptop microsoft has offered for those who were looking for one such machine.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
It was not designed to be a gaming machine, so no. You will probably get around 40-60 fps on Counterstrike with medium graphics settings but that's it. Desktop machines are still the best for gaming in my opinion, though there are some really powerful gaming laptops out there.

Genex13

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I feel like Microsoft is focusing on xbox for gaming, so all other devices naturally lack power in this category. I'm okay with that. Other companies have build great dedicated gaming Laptops or hybrids, so there is really no reason for Microsoft to build gaming power into their work and performance focused surface products.

Hafeez M

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I am pretty sure it can run anything from the windows store because it is you know....developed for mobiles and thus it is made for mobile cpu's and gpu's. The processor on the surface laptop is much better than all most all mobile cpu's. But if you plan to download High end games like GTA its going to perform average....really average. If you want to game on your pc you may want to look at something that has an external gpu like the Asus Zenbook Pro, Razor Blade or something similar

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
It's an ultrabook so just like any other untrabook, it's not intended for gaming. Will it play some games? Sure but if you want a gaming machine this is not it..

TheFlyingDutchBros

May 16, 2017
Visit site
The Surface Laptop simply isn't designed for gaming. Yes, it will play some less graphic intensive games just fine, but if you're looking to run Doom, Fallout 4, etc. I'd recommend looking at true gaming laptops. Or better yet, a gaming rig you build yourself. It's a great learning experience to build your own rig and you can customize it to your heart's content.

SpaciousZebra

May 16, 2017
Visit site
It might have enough to get by, but only with the higher-priced versions with bigger specs. I wouldn't ever expect the $999 version to provide a quality gaming experience, but we really won't know until everyone tries it out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon