Why do you choose surface laptop?

4Atticus

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I think its biggest feature is the dimensions and weight. It's very portable and you can use it everywhere, compared to the normal Surface where you needed a flat surface to use the kickstand.
Its target audience is probably people who want to work from anywhere (in the cloud) but don't use heavy applications. e.g. students, bloggers, travellers.

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Pure power wise, its exactly matches Surface Pro.
Surface Pro - 256 GB / Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM AND
Surface Laptop - 256 GB / Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM

Additionally the benefit of having a better keyboard is a big factor in Laptop's favor.

hyperleaf

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I like the specs on this thing, especially that 14.5 hour battery life. It has a touchscreen with pen capabilities, so it still beats all the Macbooks out there. Using a pen with it could be a little more awkward than on a Surface Pro 4, but its got more powerful hardware.
As a "normal" everyday PC user, I guess I could also get by with running solely on UWP apps.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Pure power wise, its exactly matches Surface Pro.
Surface Pro - 256 GB / Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM AND
Surface Laptop - 256 GB / Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM

Additionally the benefit of having a better keyboard is a big factor in Laptop's favor.

hey abhay i noticed that comparison too, but its not only similar in specs but price too. both the surface pro and surface laptop at these configurations are the same price, but the surface laptop has a built-in keyboard whereas the surface pro doesnt have an included type cover.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm leaning more towards the new Surface Pro, the specs and colors match up exactly, but the new Surface Pro has that detachable screen that is preferred for some.

I do like the build quality and design of the Surface Laptop, it's trying to go head to head with the MacBook Air. Probably not enough to make a Mac user switch from one OS to another but Microsoft is giving it their all.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
hey abhay i noticed that comparison too, but its not only similar in specs but price too. both the surface pro and surface laptop at these configurations are the same price, but the surface laptop has a built-in keyboard whereas the surface pro doesnt have an included type cover.

it doesn't have the pen in the box either. so if you want the keyboard and the pen you are gonna spend another $250

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
it doesn't have the pen in the box either. so if you want the keyboard and the pen you are gonna spend another $250

hey there. to be fair, both the surface laptop and surface pro dont include a pen. i can see why microsoft didnt include it this time with the surface pro. last year i wanted to buy the surface pro 4 but didnt need the pen, so im sure there are many people just like me that would have preferred to spend less and buy something without an acessory i wouldnt use.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
portability is huge for me. With work I don't want to be carrying around a huge device as I have other things to take/worry about. Plus if the battery life is close to what they say then this will be a fantastic device.

Battery is becoming a huge priority for me these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720