Surface Laptop's great battery life confirmed in video

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Looks like Microsoft took that aspect of Windows 10 S really seriously and perhaps that's why they have been building this thing for 2 years. Although it doesn't surprise me as they tried to make the most space for the battery anyway, it's still very impressive. Goes well with the thing that Panos Panay says every time when he's on stage:"We don't want you to get distracted and to bother with finding a charger while you're focused on the work on your Surface."

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
It'd be a nice step up from my Surface Pro 4. I love it, but it can be a bit short lived sometimes. Though, oddly enough, the Creator's Update seems to have helped. I think also putting my system into a pseudo- Windows 10 S setup where it has to ask me to install outside apps, which I really haven't, has also helped.

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I can totally see how battery life could stretch 13h in W10S mode! Most of the times when something is going haywire and eating battery on my SP3, it's because some normal Win32 app is out of control.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
That's pretty darn good, that battery life. Best in class.

"that felt pretty darn good too!" - Do not give this man MDMA, and show him a fur rug.

TheFlyingDutchBros

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I would be interested to hear what he used the Surface Laptop for in that 13+ hour period. Are we talking heavy web browsing and some video streaming? Or are we mostly talking about office and communication app usage? Either way I'm still suitably impressed, but it would be nice to have a detailed explanation so we can have a better idea of what to expect.

Photonsym

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I feel like thats really good for the laptop because always having battery on a laptop, thats intented to be carried around everywhere to use anytime you need it, is essential

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This is the best video I've seen for gauging the dimensions of the laptop. I didn't know it was THAT thin and light. Yes, the dimensions might have been published but seeing it being used and handled by someone in real life or in a clear video gives you a more accurate impression than numbers on a spec sheet. He seems really really happy with it. I'm glad. But I confess, I'd still buy the surface book over the surface laptop if given a choice between both.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
probably the first windows laptop to stick to its claimed battery life.
Is it the OS that's making a difference or the hardware that is really efficient?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss