Is te Surface Laptop's Thinness its weak point?

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Surface laptop has been designed for students primarily, but I have noticed that students also carry loads of books, chargers, stationery, water bottles, snacks etc. So my query is, if you keep the surface laptop at the back of the standard laptop backpack, will it get deformed or bent under the weight of the books or under the pressure of being pushed against the curve of a person's back?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I don't think that would happen, except if those books were really heavy and the students would literally run. However I would still rather put it to the front or between 2 heavy books so it wouldn't have anything to bend on.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
True but most laptop bags have the laptop at the back, and there isnt much room to slide two books inside to sandwich the laptop. Unless we now consider thin stiff materials to line the bags?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Okay I probably made wrong assumption because I have a bit older laptop bag that is separated to 2 areas of equal size, although it's true that not many books can fit in that laptop bag. Except if I am wrong again, laptop bags can also be carried on a single shoulder, so perhaps then we have no spine problem + you can control the bouncing with your hand if you're worried about it.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Good point.

And I'd like to add- safety first, dont carry your laptop bag with one strap. I broke my laptop like that when the belt snapped and the bag fell down on the road. Busted the hinges, and every year it has stopped one or two ports from working. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven