Windows 10s for coding

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Well there are a few code editors in the Store already, though you can't compare them to Visual Studio. For that you are going to need to upgrade Windows 10 S to Pro except if MS does some magic and ports Visual Studio to the Store.

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Coding on a quick boot with visual studio would be amazing! Plus with 14 hours of battery life it would be great to code not in an office. So many possibilities.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, and Fedora are all coming to the windows store (they'll run as virtual machines)

MS clearly intends to work on making windows the best dev box there is, so "s" has future potential.

Donald Simard

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
what are the technical issues with Visual Studio being Centennial ported to the store? Is Win32 required for it to deliver the edit/compile/debug features of VS?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
what are the technical issues with Visual Studio being Centennial ported to the store? Is Win32 required for it to deliver the edit/compile/debug features of VS?

They can run Ubuntu in a sandboxed virtual environment, they can pretty much have anything as a uwp seems to me.

Genex13

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I would love to see Mathematica and matlab in the MS store some day. Having fast computation anywhere i want, would just be too good to hope for.

leekyuh

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Windows has a plenty of good options for IDE, e.g. PyCharm is fantastic for developing in Python. And a versatile and powerful text editor, EditPlus, one of the major reasons why I use wine on my Linux machine.

benbg55

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
If you only want to do HTML and CSS it can work but I don't think you want to code in those languages.
Other possibility, you only write code on the SL and you test it on a different PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99