Did anyone watch techAltar's video on Surface Laptop?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I find him generally insightful, but I think he's overstating this.

A lot of apple users are actually considered surface range devices now, especially given the increased compatibility offered by timeline and files on demand (which at one point they needed to obey apples lock in, to enjoy via "handoff").

I've stumbled across several conversations around this from current MacBook users, looking at the topics of both timeline, and surface laptop. Such users have been eyeing the surface range for awhile, while their MacBook airs are aging, thinking hmmm maybe a surface pro.

Those same apple fans are not considering similar machines like HP etc. Nor are the surface fans that are into this lithe beast. The last comment I saw said something like "surface is the only brand I've ever considered buying outside of apple".

Just look at all the heat it gets from people on here about "not having the fastest ram" "no dedicated graphics" "Oh, yuck intergrated ssd" etc, or from many others "overpriced". I don't think its quite the same market as the rest of the laptops. There might be some overlap, but honestly, overstated.

And I can TOTALLY understand why they made this.

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a good thing. The competition will help push the tech. The thin touchscreen technology will soon be available to other manufacturers and it'll help push laptops into a new decade.

Samo Soth

May 13, 2017
Visit site
There is something right about what he is saying. However I see the surface laptop as a direct counter to macbook, because yes we do have great laptops like xps13 but as Linus Sebastian put it - not one really feels premium despite using premium like materials.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss