Will upgrading to Windows 10 pro be the first thing you do?

Justin Lane4

May 18, 2017
Visit site
I think that it depends on what people would use it for. Personally I would probably use it as it is. I like the idea of 10S and think that it'll be a good product. I try to be a security conscious person and the only thing I don't like about 10 home is that you can't encrypt it without a 3rd party tool. There aren't really any other features that 10 pro has that I would want. To me, the benefits of 10S outweigh the added benefits & features that 10 pro would have.

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
For me, personally, I'd immediately upgrade to W10, because of all the power-user engineering software that I use. Couldn't really do that on W10S. But if I ever had money, I'd buy two, and have one purely as W10S for when I'm on the go and don't need to work (hard) while having good battery life.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Windows S defeats the purpose of having a Windows device, why would I want something less capable than my phone?

If i got a Surface Laptop which I probably never will as I prefer a 2 in 1 design, I would upgrade to pro immediately.

pepe68

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
For me, personally, I'd immediately upgrade to W10, because of all the power-user engineering software that I use. Couldn't really do that on W10S. But if I ever had money, I'd buy two, and have one purely as W10S for when I'm on the go and don't need to work (hard) while having good battery life.

I agree with this post. For work, PRO just makes it easier literally on all fronts. It just works and makes life easier overall.

If I'm only using it to do Web surfacing, a little email, some Word, Excel, and online media consumption stuff and lite stuff, W10s is the way to go!

Cheers!

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Aside from Office and Store Apps, I also use programs from my work and play games from Steam, LoL and HotS. And it's free to upgrade within this year, so why not?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs