Surface dock alternatives

Cooliyolo

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm planning on buying a surface laptop but the single usb and display port probably won't be enough. The surface dock seems like a great solution but the cost of 230€ is just rediculous (even for the surface premium you pay). I'd expect a glorified "dongle" like the surface dock to cost somewhere around 50-100€.

So my question is if there are any cheaper alternatives to the surface dock (didn't have much luck with a quick search on Amazon)?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have two Surface Docks, one for work and one for home. I find them to work perfectly. One of the big bonuses with the Surface Dock is that it charges your laptop. I'm not sure another dock with do that for the Surface Laptop. Maybe there is an alternative that plugs into the Surface port.

What are you looking for, just more USB ports? Multiple monitor support with different video outputs?

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but it's well worth the money. It's definitely more than a glorified dongle.

Chevyphor

Feb 12, 2019
Visit site
I'm planning on buying a surface laptop but the single usb and display port probably won't be enough. The surface dock seems like a great solution but the cost of 230€ is just rediculous (even for the surface premium you pay). I'd expect a glorified "dongle" like the surface dock to cost somewhere around 50-100€.

So my question is if there are any cheaper alternatives to the surface dock (didn't have much luck with a quick search on Amazon)?

I saw an good and cheap alternative on a german blog. Maybe this can help you:
https://ch-technik.com/microsoft-surface-dock-alternative/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa