Surface Laptop or the 2017 Surface Pro

chinkwanhow

May 24, 2017
Visit site
For myself I prefer the new Surface Pro.
But I hope to win the contest to get a new Surface Laptop for my girlfriend. We build become a Surface Family in real!

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hey there. the surface laptop is my choice. i wanted to get the surface pro 4 last year but the tablet and type cover together just dont seem as sturdy as a laptop. im okay without writing on the device but it is nice to know i have that option.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I voted Surface Laptop but I am not into the 2 in 1 / convertible form factor..

hey i am with you. before i thought a 2 in 1 laptop would be great to have but i see it as more an option than a necessity. i voted surface laptop also.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Surface pro takes versatility.....surface laptop takes design, color and lapability.....so surface laptop for me

hey rodgers, i agree. surface pro is a great versatile device but if youre not doing field work or sketching then the surface laptop is a device to fill that need.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Okay so after seeing specs and everything else about the new Surface Pro, I'd say that it looks all well and nice, but I'd prefer the Laptop since the i5 8gig model costs about the same as Surface Pro (2017) i5 8gig model + it has nicer design. I already have a 2-in-1 (not even close to Surface by build quality or performance) so that's another reason why I would go for the laptop. Neither of those devices support USB-C (there's going to be an adapter available though) and since I am not a lot into photography I don't need the SD card reader so Surface Laptop ports are fine for me.

It's a shame that Surface Laptop won't support tilting though.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay so after seeing specs and everything else about the new Surface Pro, I'd say that it looks all well and nice, but I'd prefer the Laptop since the i5 8gig model costs about the same as Surface Pro (2017) i5 8gig model + it has nicer design. I already have a 2-in-1 (not even close to Surface by build quality or performance) so that's another reason why I would go for the laptop. Neither of those devices support USB-C (there's going to be an adapter available though) and since I am not a lot into photography I don't need the SD card reader so Surface Laptop ports are fine for me.

It's a shame that Surface Laptop won't support tilting though.

hey there. i noticed that too when i did a price comparison. i want the burgundy model so i can only get one configuration, but the same configuration for the surface pro is the same price and the surface pro excludes a keyboard, not to mention only the surface pro keyboard comes in burgundy and not the device itself. what do you mean it wont support tilting? are you talking about moving the screen back further?

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about pen tilting while using it on the screen. Sorry if you misunderstood me. ������

I got it, what made me sad was that the new pen's tilt detection wouldn't work with the surface laptop. Is this confirmed? So when they said it was backwards compatible with surface 3 and above that does not include tilt-detection? Say it isn't so. :unhappy:

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I was talking about pen tilting while using it on the screen. Sorry if you misunderstood me. ������

hey there, i was curious with that also. i can neither confirm nor deny anything because there are no microsoft stores near me, but ive heard the same thing about the pen tilt not being the same on the surface laptop. are the screens different? i know the sizes are different but im wondering if the technology behind the screens are different too.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
thanks kaktus1389. that makes sense. im trying to imagine tilting the surface pen low on the surface laptop screen and even at the lowest angle the screen can tilt to it doesnt seem like a good time. it makes total sense due to how low the other devices can tilt to.
No worries :wink:

Yeah, given that Panos had to hold it when he was presenting it and that the screen still flexed then the tilt function of the pen probably wouldn't be working really well.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
a close call but I'd go surface pro. thought it has what surface laptop can do. minus, using it on my lap :) joking aside, I thought Pro has that advantage to use it "more" in differrent scenarios.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos