4 GB RAM and just one sensor. Why?

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
4 GB RAM comes with the base model of the Surface Laptop. My current laptop running a third generation i5 has the same thing. Now, with all specs being high this could be defended and some might even say it is 10S so it'll run fine.

1) What if you upgrade to Win 10 Pro?
2) Why is there only one sensor for that pricing?

I know it's a "laptop", but then why the high price tag?

Chris Knopff

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Look at the Ultrabook category. Pricing is typically higher for thin client laptops. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro can still work with the amount of RAM you have, but it'll be dependent on what you use it for. 8GB would be the minimum I would suggest for the upgrade to Pro.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I agree, though I do see the value in design and there was a lot of planning done before they launched it (they had been building this thing for 2 years) and that wasn't free though. Also, they made some weird configurations with the Surface Studio as well, so perhaps they will learn from their mistakes since these are both first gen devices. Panos Panay says they always listen to user feedback, so gen 2 should be more mature. Surface/Pro also needed 3 generations to get where it's standing now. Many people were making fun of it when the first Surface was released, but look at it now - it's a huge success and other manufacturers look up to the Surface too.

Koby Mendoza

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to showcase how little horsepower Windows 10 S needs to run. The High Price is because of the extremely high quality build of the device and screen.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I feel the 8GB config should start at $999 if they are really looking to spoil their fans, but again everything on the surface laptop is premium.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The lack of RAM makes me really upset. Even phones ship with more these days. And god knows you need all the RAM you can get with all these Electron apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion