The form factor

Althie

May 15, 2017
Visit site
The Surface Laptop from MSFT is the new definition for working.

Looking brilliant and having the power to last at least 4 years of college, it can be the right choice for many.

If it will show it's power in the fields of studies for most students, it will be a success.

I don't think it is aiming for the areas of design, where the Surface Book is certainly a better option to choose.

The laptop is not a gaming machine which suppose to change every year to fit new demands, from newer games.

At the core, it suppose to show the ecosystem of Microsoft, there is office suit, drawing apps, code editors and some light games to pass the time.

You can use the keyboard and annotate documents on the touch screen.

I guess i would like a device like this, though i recon it will be mostly for coding and running arduino/pi projects.

For School i prefer the SP4, especially with the nebo app, which give the option to translate handwriting to notes, you don't have this on OneNote.

The Windows S isn't much of a problem for me, but i still ilke using custom launchers and especially RainMeter. It gives more unique touch to the device, I don't use stickers s much.

If MSFT will enable the option to use launchers on the Windows S it will be perfect.
You will have the option to customize the look of the OS the way you like.
Otherwise it will become the ecosystem of Apple, which all the same in the closed garden.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Agreed with everything you've said, though I still think it can be used for some lightweight gaming and note taking but yeah, Surface Pro 4 is way better for taking notes.

AriePyasik

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I think that especially for collage you need matlab, photoshop or VS depending on your major, so the free upgrade for students is highly appriciated

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hello. i unfortunately will have to upgrade to windows 10 pro. i say unfortunately because i really wanted this opportunity to use windows 10 s exclusively for the security and battery life (i have windows 10 pro on the computer im using now), but because software i need is unavailable in the store i need to upgrade.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the "for students" billing is little more than marketing speak. It's just a well-made ultrabook with a standard specification sheet and high-end pricetag. Just like how the Pro 4, MacBook Air, etc. can be for students.

Windows 10 S will likely only meet the needs of elementary and middle school students, this is not a computer I'd feel comfortable deploying to them either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99