What do you about Windows 10 S on Surface Laptop?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
All depends on your usage. But I think for the average user it will be fine.... you have the option to upgrade to pro for free in the first year so its a win win

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hello. "most people"=people like my parents who only use 2-3 apps, maybe a little bit more. its a fine operating system, even better because "most people" arent consistently scanning computers for unnecessary files, .exe apps running in the background, and many people download random stuff that cause problems for the computers they use.

milkshakemadness

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I think it would be great if the windows store had more of the mainstream programs on it. If they're aiming it at students then it should be fine for a typical student, but surface products tend to attract creative people who use software such as the Adobe CC products so it'll be no good for them.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
For average users it will be just fine, let's not forget how many things are now working through browser rather than desktop applications. And Windows Store is definitely going to offer more and more apps, now they know that they really have to push in that area.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
It should be good for basic usage, if you however want to do some lightweight gaming via Steam or play around with Adobe suite or Visual Studio, then you should upgrade to Pro and since it's free until the end of 2017 it should be fine for everyone who intends to buy it in 2017 as already pointed out.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Will work for the average user who just wants to browse the web and use Office.

I need stuff like WSL, so won't work for me.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Anyone who lives in the browser could be happy with a Surface Laptop and I imagine most of us could get by with that if it were necessary. Remember most of us I will assume have a desktop somewhere that runs a full version of Windows (some may not even run Windows on that desktop but may run Windows in a VM).

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be great if the windows store had more of the mainstream programs on it. If they're aiming it at students then it should be fine for a typical student, but surface products tend to attract creative people who use software such as the Adobe CC products so it'll be no good for them.

Slowly , but surely, they are coming.

Itunes, Spotify and Whatsapp coming to the store is big.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo